Is a Visa required for Egypt on 28-Day Iberian Adventure, Ancient Mysteries & Egypt embarking on 7 Sep 24

I am doing the 28-Day Iberian Adventure, Ancient Mysteries & Egypt cruise on Nieuw Statendam embarking 7 Sep 24. I have done research on visa requirements for Egypt but still am confused. I am from the US. The CIBT Visa website for HAL says “Visa issued on arrival for fee”. Does that mean HAL will take care of it once we arrive? Has anyone had any experience on HAL with arriving in Egypt ports and visa requirements? Thanks

11 hours ago, Wineat9 said:

I am doing the 28-Day Iberian Adventure, Ancient Mysteries & Egypt cruise on Nieuw Statendam embarking 7 Sep 24. I have done research on visa requirements for Egypt but still am confused. I am from the US. The CIBT Visa website for HAL says “Visa issued on arrival for fee”. Does that mean HAL will take care of it once we arrive? Has anyone had any experience on HAL with arriving in Egypt ports and visa requirements? Thanks

Yes, that means HAL will process the visa in time for your arrival.

I didn’t know anyone was stopping there due to risks but maybe the cruise lines are now accepting the risks, not sure I’d be comfortable visiting the area as the war could expand without notice. I know several lines cancelled all their itineraries for the area

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

I didn’t know anyone was stopping there due to risks but maybe the cruise lines are now accepting the risks, not sure I’d be comfortable visiting the area as the war could expand without notice. I know several lines cancelled all their itineraries for the area

I am on the Ultimate Mediterranean and Atlantic Adventurer Nov. 9/ Volendam and the ship is overnighting in Alexandria, Egypt.

21 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

I thought so also.  We were booked on a cruise for August 2024 to Egypt and Israel, among others.  It was cancelled, or at least totally changed to other Mediterranean ports that are not in the Middle East, so we cancelled.  I guess going to Egypt is safer than Israel right now, but I'm not sure I would want to be on a cruise to either in 2024; not necessarily for our safety, but due to the fact that the cruise could be cancelled or changed due to new events in the region.