Can 4 adults survive in Bellissima Deluxe Ocean View (5061) on a 4-night cruise?

ccheng6401

I booked an ocean view stateroom for my siblings and I.  We are tall adults. I wonder if we will go crazy due to the small space. It looks like the 3rd&4th person will be on a bunk bed. That means the sofa will not be used as a sitting area.

I am debating whether or not to switch to 10382, the AFT premium suite aurea. The cost is $335 more per person. The sailing is in Dec so the temperature is a bit colder and the ocean could be rough.  I wonder if the AFT balcony will still be usable.   This is our first cruise together as a family so I don’t know what to expect.   

Do you think the Ocean View stateroom is too small for 4 adults?

From the few pictures I could find on cruisedeckplans, it looked like you will have a bunksofa.  Did not see any marks in the ceiling that indicate Pullman uppers.  You can ask your steward to make it back into a couch during the day.  The main challenge would be storage and the tiny bathroom.  The advantage of the aft cabin would be a large balcony, slightly larger bathroom because it has a tub/shower, and My Time dining.  EM

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ccheng6401 said:

I booked an ocean view stateroom for my siblings and I.  We are tall adults. I wonder if we will go crazy due to the small space. It looks like the 3rd&4th person will be on a bunk bed. That means the sofa will not be used as a sitting area.

I am debating whether or not to switch to 10382, the AFT premium suite aurea. The cost is $335 more per person. The sailing is in Dec so the temperature is a bit colder and the ocean could be rough.  I wonder if the AFT balcony will still be usable.   This is our first cruise together as a family so I don’t know what to expect.   

Do you think the Ocean View stateroom is too small for 4 adults?

I personally would get 2 connecting interior or oceanview cabins for 4 adults.

• Like 3

I would also look at booking 2 interior cabins - just for the 2 bathrooms alone!!! 4 adults in a OV cabin would not be my idea of fun.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Survive?  Sure.  Cruise in comfort with some level of privacy?  No.  I'd consider 2 cabins.  On a short, 4-night cruise, I wouldn't think that would be too crazy expensive.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

We just returned from a 4 night cruise. We booked a standard balcony cabin that has the king size bed and the sofa that converts to bunk beds. We were a family of 4 with 2 teenagers. Even though we've traveled in similar staterooms for most of our family cruises, this time the cramped space really tried everybody's patience and we agreed that from this point forward, we're either getting 2 staterooms or one larger suite. I personally avoided being in the cabin more than necessary. 

We barely had enough space to accommodate everybody's belongings, and because the sofa remains as a bunk bed the entire time, we didn't have a sitting area per se inside the cabin during the entire cruise. We were thankful to have our balcony since that's the only place we could truly sit and relax. It was also useful on the last day when we started packing. I took my suitcase to the balcony and packed there. With just a window and no balcony, we would've been completely miserable. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Survive?  Sure.  Cruise in comfort with some level of privacy?  No.  I'd consider 2 cabins.  On a short, 4-night cruise, I wouldn't think that would be too crazy expensive.

Let me also add that on my last MSC cruise, just me and the GF, we did a large 1-bedroom Aurea Grand Suite on World Europa.  But for 4 passengers, I'd take 2 standard rooms (recommend a veranda) over even the Grand Suite, which I think was roughly 375 square feet or 35m2.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your experience sharing. I changed our reservation to AFT premium suite and it comes with aurea package. We will have access to Top 19 exclusive solarium and the thermal spa. Some of us plan to go to the thermal spa at the end of the day everyday so we will just shower right there. It should help with the one bathroom issue.  

• Like 2