Cabin assignment question

Tried to search this but I guess I'm not using a phrase that the search logic understands

Anyway...question, I took the option to have RCL assign my cabin. When the sea passes were available there was no cabin still assigned. There was a deck only. I did find the hack to read the bar code with Google lens app and there is a cabin number there.  The luggage tags are now available, and nothing printed on them. Is that really the assigned cabin and could they change? I want to write the number on the tags and my TA just said don't worry the tag color will get it to the correct deck but without a cabin number just don't want them sitting around. 18 days to cruise.

Thanks 

1 minute ago, Floater4life said:

Tried to search this but I guess I'm not using a phrase that the search logic understands

Anyway...question, I took the option to have RCL assign my cabin. When the sea passes were available there was no cabin still assigned. There was a deck only. I did find the hack to read the bar code with Google lens app and there is a cabin number there.  The luggage tags are now available, and nothing printed on them. Is that really the assigned cabin and could they change? I want to write the number on the tags and my TA just said don't worry the tag color will get it to the correct deck but without a cabin number just don't want them sitting around. 18 days to cruise.

Thanks 

Hold off on the luggage tags (there really is no rush)  Chances are you cabin will be officially assigned shortly and you can print off proper luggage tags

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hold off, but don't hold off too long. The night before our cruise I went to print the luggage tags and it was too late. The system was locked for the cruise. No worries, just got them at the port. 

Edited by royal3
  • Like 1

Print one tag now. Don't print multiple copies. Wait to see if the new, more accurate tags show up in your account. If they do, print however many copies you need. If they don't, make copies of the original tag.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Print one tag now. Don't print multiple copies. Wait to see if the new, more accurate tags show up in your account. If they do, print however many copies you need. If they don't, make copies of the original tag.

Save to PDF instead of printing.  Then print from PDF when you have the correct tag (or not).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1