TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

27 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

One night in, and I really feel like this town is a hidden gem. It’s so picturesque and clean and laid back and friendly. Not remotely overrun by tourists, out of the way waaaaay to the east near the Slovenian border. People go to Rome, Florence, Venice… no one comes to Trieste. Take advantage of that while you can, because this place is wonderful. 

IMG_2540.thumb.jpeg.42a0201c09324973b6dbc33ab06f60c0.jpeg

Exactly. A hidden gem!

Dinner looked fantastic and apparently it was!

As always thanks for the great live…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mkcurran said:

You'd think they make them buy seats for the kids. Stuffing them in the overhead might make the flight more pleasant though. 

It definitely would.  It would stifle the noise from little Kylie when she was arguing with her siblings.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Here she comes! See ya in the morning, beautiful. Hopefully right across the street. Who could know, really?

IMG_2550.thumb.jpeg.a1911d6c212415614b4ac735b2d14146.jpeg

What time do you plan on pulling the curtain back to see if the ship is over there? lol

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2024 at 9:04 PM, TxTeach79 said:

Okay. I think we have this packing thing mostly down. Big checked bag and carry on roller - both of us with half of each…. And enough essentials to get by in the carryon in case, well, you know. For now both air tags are in the big one for redundancy.. I’ll put one in the carry one when we check in at the pier in Trieste. 🤞 

IMG_2278.thumb.jpeg.adb8789d0abedf3dd08b52ac9b7dc6c9.jpeg

IMG_2279.thumb.jpeg.983904d2c1cd0fead676ddb80234a8ee.jpeg

I'm LOL.  The first thing that goes in my suitcase is straws!  Love it!

• Haha 2

So glad to see you got royaly fed and happily settled in for the night.

What a beautiful hotel inside and out and all around! 

It will be amazing to see your ship right there in the morning🤞🤞🤞

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

Cacio e Pepe for me

IMG_2536.thumb.jpeg.3b7dd9976c74fc7d1f923f133ec0100c.jpeg

Bucatini Amatriciana for B. (Tomato based sauce made with pork cheek)

IMG_2537.thumb.jpeg.cd8ca1bcdc0b5a05c9ce42b267cc2056.jpeg 

We spent 4 nights in Rome in April after a transatlantic cruise and I ate cacio e pepe everyday.  It was heavenly! 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Funsince1983 said:

Prosecco Road is also a thing! My sister lives an hour north of Venice, Prosecco Road is literally a super hilly road up the mountain where all the vineyards are. There are trails you can hike and Prosecco and charcuterie vending machines along the way. 

IMG_8978.thumb.jpeg.493579efd2457e8a76438e5c1db3b550.jpeg

IMG_8979.thumb.jpeg.de8f2276635c72e005976e279cb8182b.jpeg

Wow - I think I've said this more than once but WHERE IS THE ❤️ BUTTON??

4 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Power works as it does on so many cruise ships…

IMG_2474.thumb.jpeg.011b0dc21f11f95d4c18e5afa6fe194c.jpeg

We had that in a few hotels in Ireland last year.

Loving this review, I'm ready to cruise now!

• Like 2

On 6/12/2024 at 9:44 PM, dallasdan said:

The more you talk about B the more I love her.  Don't let her go. Have a great flight.  I hope you get some rest.  

Haha! You tell him! Thank you for appreciating my antics! ☺️😂

• Like 15
  • Haha 6

On 6/13/2024 at 12:04 AM, jsparents said:

What we have learned is that if flying Air France, only 1 person in your party should be at the counter checking a bag.  The other should be hiding with the carryon.

This is brilliant!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

I think she had it with me and moved up to the aisle seat in front of me. Can’t blame her really. 

IMG_2421.thumb.jpeg.0f6babdb319e16013b49fc1f606372f0.jpeg

I had definitely had it with life at that point and being the “middle man.” This physique was not made for that position. 😂😂

• Like 8
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Very mixed. The 787 had insanely narrow seats. I’d heard that, but it was rough. The legroom was great, but you’re right… the hinge on my pop up screen didn’t work, people kept bumping into it, none of the chargers worked… I didn’t have anything to store (because AF took it) and B put her purse in the overhead. lavatories nearby was convenient. There were pluses and minuses for sure, but all things being equal I think I’d take the exit row seats every time…. If the wifi worked and outlets charged I’d have been fine and dandy. We have the exact same seats headed home so hopefully that’s the case!

I love them, and I would choose them over regular any day. I am 5’9”, so the extra leg room outweighs the cons for me. As previously mentioned, the middle seat was a STRUGGLE. 😬😅 So, standing up from time to time in that open area in front of us was so amazing! We also had such a nice guy from Cameroon next to me, so that made the seat position way more bearable. 

• Like 20

Hi, y’all! I am finally caught up. 😮‍💨 Yes, it is 1:30 AM here. Party P is snoring beside me. 😂

A few added thoughts and comments …

- Air France did provide that unnecessary stress upfront (at no extra charge, lucky us! 🙄😂), but aside from that, the rest was smooth and a relatively good travel experience.
- Can confirm “Guiseppe” who we fondly refer to as “Thirst Trap” was 23. And unfortunately, ladies, he does have a girlfriend! 😭😅 We learned that she is from and currently lives in Ukraine. That was interesting and sad talking to him about that for a bit. But I digress. I highly recommend that car service we used. It was pricey, but so worth it after so much traveling already! He was very nice and very professional and also gave us some good tips and tidbits about the area. Anyway, it’s called SKV. We booked through viator, but he said it’s cheaper to book directly through their site: https://skv-transfer.com/shuttles/

- Trieste is incredible, and I am in love. I haven’t been back to Italy since 2009. My grandma was born in the tiny town of Amalfi, so on that trip, I went to the Amalfi coast, saw the house she was born in, and met my relatives who still live there! Fun fact: they have since turned it into a bed and breakfast. Can’t wait to take Party P there someday. So, all that to say, it’s great to be back in the (grand) motherland! 🥰❤️😍

Thank you to all of you for following along! Ciao for now! 

• Like 55
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

I am TEAM @HelloItsMeBall the way...you go gettem girl!

Haha! Yes! I was so tired by the time we reached Venice, so I was really hoping we didn’t have to fight. 😂😂 But I was prepared to go into battle, if needed! Thankfully I was spared that experience!  

• Like 6

Just now, HelloItsMeB said:

Haha! Yes! I was so tired by the time we reached Venice, so I was really hoping we didn’t have to fight. 😂😂 But I was prepared to go into battle, if needed! Thankfully I was spared that experience!  

I have no doubt you will save it for another time....ENJOY!

• Like 3