TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

9 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

So get a load of this…. We are checking in and getting ready to drop our bag, when an Air France employee tells us that this is a full flight…. We’ll have to check our carry on as well, free of charge. This seems crazy, because we are here three hours early and no other airline I’ve ever experienced does it that way. Also, it would completely blow up our entire packing plan and loss prevention system. Then we see multiple other people arguing the same thing. It’s a thing. Crap. 

So we move an AirTag into our essentials carry on, B tries to argue to no avail, being told that “the overhead space on a full flight is for those with kids.” Ouch.

Oh no!! That really, really stinks.  Hopefully, since it's one booked trip on Air France, there won't be any luggage snags. 

My wife and I are ONLY doing carry-ons for our Island Princess Med trip in August under the same thinking,  that we don't want to lose sight of our luggage, esp with a Reykjavik layover on Iceland Air.  Now my worry-meter has gone up...

• Like 7

1 minute ago, JGmf said:

Oh no!! That really, really stinks.  Hopefully, since it's one booked trip on Air France, there won't be any luggage snags. 

My wife and I are ONLY doing carry-ons for our Island Princess Med trip in August under the same thinking,  that we don't want to lose sight of our luggage, esp with a Reykjavik layover on Iceland Air.  Now my worry-meter has gone up...

If I were on Carnival I’d have been carry on only with the free laundry. Honestly though, it wouldn’t have helped us a bit on this flight since they made us check carry ons three hours early anyway. 

Being positive - like you said, it’s one Air France ticket the whole way, we are tracking our bags in two places, last year there was a ground strike that got our entire plane, and there are 6-7 AF flights from CDG-VCE after ours tomorrow, so we SHOULD be okay. 

Worst case scenario, we stay in Venice until our bags arrive, then book it to Trieste. 

• Like 11

@TxTeach79 Your international trips make me anxious and nervous. I can only imagine how you feel.  I remember last year checking CC site every few minutes waiting on luggage updates.  I guess you can buy a speedo at Venice and wear it everyday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 27

Just now, dallasdan said:

@TxTeach79 Your international trips make me anxious and nervous. I can only imagine how you feel.  I remember last year checking CC site every few minutes waiting on luggage updates.  I guess you can buy a speedo at Venice and wear it everyday.

The ladies should be so lucky 

• Haha 29

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

Abelardo? More like Al Unser Jr. …. And e are dancing with 90 flying down the very in the city and not wide open highway 

IMG_2309.thumb.png.5be7e71a5edae281e9bb413f95dd04ad.png

You want Faster To The Fun?  You got it!

• Haha 11

B is luggage stressed more than I, and she didn’t love her citrus cooler… me?? My stress is pretty minimal, and getting less and less with each conversation with my buddy Jim #3

IMG_2328.thumb.jpeg.f57286202181696741446c2a52f7a5d6.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Haha 14

7 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

Yeah, I made batches of pickles to keep myself busy so I wasn't checking every two minutes.  I'm thinking a trip to the store for pickling vegetables is in order.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

34 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

So we move an AirTag into our essentials carry on, B tries to argue to no avail, being told that “the overhead space on a full flight is for those with kids.” Ouch. 

Seriously? I hope those with kids are given the opportunity to pay a lot more for that overhead space. That's a load of hogwash right there! Glad it wasn't me being given that reason. I probably wouldn't have been allowed on the flight. 

Oh well - I suppose your credit cards can work some clothing magic if they have to.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

B is luggage stressed more than I, and she didn’t love her citrus cooler… me?? My stress is pretty minimal, and getting less and less with each conversation with my buddy Jim #3

IMG_2328.thumb.jpeg.f57286202181696741446c2a52f7a5d6.jpeg

Is it regular Jim or the dark sheep in the family, Jim Black?

3 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Seriously? I hope those with kids are given the opportunity to pay a lot more for that overhead space. That's a load of hogwash right there! Glad it wasn't me being given that reason. I probably wouldn't have been allowed on the flight. 

Oh well - I suppose your credit cards can work some clothing magic if they have to.

I’m positive, I feel like we’re gonna be fine - but believe me, in the event we don’t get them, I pity the Air France agent who has to deal with Customer Service B

• Like 18
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Is it regular Jim or the dark sheep in the family, Jim Black?

They have both! But I’m dealing with the ol’ original. We’ve been close since my college days. 

• Like 3

Have a safe and enjoyable trip. I can't imagine a repeat and Air France being like British Air for you. You know what they say about lightening striking twice. Well, unless you're this guy.

43bbe64a-d6eb-4cad-8fca-7e0b783ed81b_text.gif

• Haha 10

2 minutes ago, CTCruiser001 said:

Just want to chime in and say how much I'm enjoying this live! Thanks for letting us come along on your trip! Safe travels! 

I really appreciate it! Thanks so much for following along!

43 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1