Alaska post-cruise land extension experiences

JPS2

Hello all

I will be on Nova in August Vancouver to Seward, followed the post-cruise Denali Summit of North America tour.  It includes one night at Mount Alyeska Hotel and two nights at Grande Denali Lodge at Denali National Park. Can anyone share their experiences of the land post-cruise extension in Alaska with me?  I know that there is minimum participation requirement for the tour to take place?  Does anyone know what type of notice Silversea gives you in the instance that they do not have enough guests to run the tour?

Thank you!

I don’t know about the notice but we did the tour a few years ago.  While we enjoyed it and still thought it was worth it, I wish we paid a little more attention and added up all the time on the bus.  I can’t remember exactly how long we were on it in total but do remember many, including us, thought it was lot more than expected.  I believe each segment is detailed in the description but no one added it up before hand. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning, I did this cruise but took the land portion first........just want to let you know the Alyeska is a much nicer property compared to the Denali Lodge. (In my opinion).

Hope you have a great cruise😀

Thank you Lois! 

Did you eat at Seven Glaciers when you were at Alyeska?  What was your favorite part of the land tour?  Any recommendations for what we should do during the free time or in Vancouver/Anchorage?

26 minutes ago, JPS2 said:

Thank you Lois! 

Did you eat at Seven Glaciers when you were at Alyeska?  What was your favorite part of the land tour?  Any recommendations for what we should do during the free time or in Vancouver/Anchorage?

Hi, nope, I did not go to 7 Glaciers......I had one meal in the bar (it was very good) and I had another meal in Forte. I am trying to remember LOL.....I had dinner in the bar and I had lunch at Forte. Oh, I had breakfast there as well. I think that was included in the cruise. 

I cannot recommend anything because I just hung out at the hotel. 

Just an FYI for those going to Denali this summer. There is a road being repaired, repairs to last all season, and the last I heard the tours get just 40something miles into the park. The 2 times I did it we went 62 and 64 miles.