Do Queen Anne britannia staterooms have magnetic walls?

3 minutes ago, NE John said:

That’s the missing piece! Thank you. I’m the chief ironer of the household. 
We have 10 days onboard and three nights beforehand in Vancouver so we gotta do some laundry. For better or worse, our Q4 is very close to the launderette on 7. 

I won't iron on holiday, that's what ship's laundry is for but no need to iron piqué knit, especially the collar. Best way to ruin a piqué knit shirt is iron the collar.

3 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

The washers and dryers on Annie are totally different from her sisters' facilities.

Digital and Diva'ish ['break down' every day but luckily are re programmed within an hour or two] with loads of programmes.

My suggestion was a simple 'this is what the symbols mean' laminated sheet. Then folk wouldn't do a full wash for over an hour when a quick 20 min wash is sufficient or use the low heat dryer programme and wonder why their clothes aren't dry.

When used proficiently, they are a great improvement on QV/QEs facilities.

Somebody listened! There now is a little "cheat sheet" on the wall, identifying the symbols. Oddly, it isn't near the main instructions (I used deck 4 launderette) and the type is small, so it's easy to miss. 

Given my many years of laundry experience, I was able to decode the machines on my own before the "cheat sheet" appeared. Each time I was there, I saw someone staring helplessly at the controls and took pity on them and gave lessons. 

The machines are better than those on QV/QE and the room itself has more space. But there are no chairs. I sat in the hallway outside while my clothes were in the dryer, just in case I had to "defend" my possession of a machine. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Somebody listened! There now is a little "cheat sheet" on the wall, identifying the symbols. Oddly, it isn't near the main instructions (I used deck 4 launderette) and the type is small, so it's easy to miss. 

Given my many years of laundry experience, I was able to decode the machines on my own before the "cheat sheet" appeared. Each time I was there, I saw someone staring helplessly at the controls and took pity on them and gave lessons. 

The machines are better than those on QV/QE and the room itself has more space. But there are no chairs. I sat in the hallway outside while my clothes were in the dryer, just in case I had to "defend" my possession of a machine. 

Hey that makes two of us.

If I'd charge a L.I.I.T. per piece of advice re machines, I'd have saved quite a bar bill!

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2024 at 6:34 PM, 57eric said:

I stand ready to be corrected, but I believe all cruise ships have magnetic walls.

I am thinking that walls are not magnetic at all.  They are simply made of ferrous metal which you can attach magnets to.  If they made the walls magnetic there might be a problem with poles and magnets sometimes being repelled by attempting to fix magnets to the walls with similar poles.

Regards John

• Like 1