Cruise first/cruise next

18 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks. I tried that, but since I booked with a non-NCL TA, I have to go through mine on Monday. Hopefully he can finagle something!

Doug

You should be good.  For some reason, people will quote the terms for CF, but never quote the terms for CN, which has the exact same terms about it being a new booking.  You shouldn't even need to involve your ta.  If the certificate is already loaded to your account, just login and apply it to your booking.  This is assuming you haven't paid in full already 

10 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

If the certificate is already loaded to your account, just login and apply it to your booking.  This is assuming you haven't paid in full already 

I booked through NCL, but I did exactly this last week on a booking from early May.  I was able to apply a second cruise next voucher as a partial payment.  Worked perfectly.

15 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

You should be good.  For some reason, people will quote the terms for CF, but never quote the terms for CN, which has the exact same terms about it being a new booking.  You shouldn't even need to involve your ta.  If the certificate is already loaded to your account, just login and apply it to your booking.  This is assuming you haven't paid in full already 

Remember, I just booked the cruise about 4 days ago, and I do not have the CF certificate yet. Otherwise, yes, it would be very simple to do as you said.

5 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

I booked through NCL, but I did exactly this last week on a booking from early May.  I was able to apply a second cruise next voucher as a partial payment.  Worked perfectly.

Thanks, that sounds encouraging unless my booking with a TA instead of NCL makes it not work.

Doug

6 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks, that sounds encouraging unless my booking with a TA instead of NCL makes it not work.

Doug

I'm thinking you could just try it?  I will admit that I had read that it might cause it to be "re-booked" at the current price and freebies, but that was not what happened with me.

9 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Remember, I just booked the cruise about 4 days ago, and I do not have the CF certificate yet. Otherwise, yes, it would be very simple to do as you said.

Right.  Well there is nothing your ta can do for you anyway, except answer any questions you have.  Keep an eye on the NCL website as they are currently selling the $250/$500 CF.  There is still at least one day left.  They will sell them again before your cutoff time, but if you want to take care of this right now, get in on the better certs before they are gone 

38 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

I will admit that I had read that it might cause it to be "re-booked" at the current price and freebies, but that was not what happened with me.

Don't believe everything you read, especially the stuff that somebody just made up.

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Don't believe everything you read, especially the stuff that somebody just made up.

I trusted the comments made by others that I recognized as being quite knowledgeable regarding NCL 

24 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

I trusted the comments made by others that I recognized as being quite knowledgeable regarding NCL 

Which of the "quite knowledgeable" posted that addition of a CN:

1 hour ago, DorothyB said:

might cause it to be "re-booked" at the current price and freebies

That is plain wrong.

37 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Which of the "quite knowledgeable" posted that addition of a CN:

That is plain wrong.

You totally misunderstood me.  I believed the "quite knowledgeable" instead of believing the post saying my booking would be re-priced, etc.  So, I went ahead and applied the new Cruise Next even though the other post made me a bit nervous.

16 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

Right.  Well there is nothing your ta can do for you anyway, except answer any questions you have.  Keep an eye on the NCL website as they are currently selling the $250/$500 CF.  There is still at least one day left.  They will sell them again before your cutoff time, but if you want to take care of this right now, get in on the better certs before they are gone 

I would get one of those rare $500 CFs (CNs?) today; but only if it could be applied to the cruise I recently booked for March 2025. Like I said, that might be the last cruise we do, so I don't really want to save a lot toward a cruise we may not book in the future.

Ours is a unique situation I know. I have used CNs in the past, at $500, and they are indeed a terrific deal for those who can take advantage of the savings/OBC, etc. We got an excellent price on the March 2025 cruise i just booked with our military and stockholder perks, our AI even includes cabin gratuities this time, so we're already done well I think. But I am of Scottish heritage, and always eager to save a few pennies more!😉

Doug

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DorothyB said:

You totally misunderstood me.  I believed the "quite knowledgeable" instead of believing the post saying my booking would be re-priced, etc.  So, I went ahead and applied the new Cruise Next even though the other post made me a bit nervous.

I'm trying to ask my TA about applying a CF/CN to our recently booked March cruise later today. Wish me luck!

Doug

18 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I'm trying to ask my TA about applying a CF/CN to our recently booked March cruise later today. Wish me luck!

Doug

I THINK a Cruise FIRST has to be bought 120 days prior to booking.. I might be wrong since they aren't available for EU bookings. Good luck either way!

2 hours ago, Asawi said:

I THINK a Cruise FIRST has to be bought 120 days prior to booking.. I might be wrong since they aren't available for EU bookings. Good luck either way!

no, they have to be bought 120 days prior to sailing.  So he has plenty of time since the cruise is not until next year

4 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

no, they have to be bought 120 days prior to sailing.  So he has plenty of time since the cruise is not until next year

Ah! Thanks for that clarification! 

On 6/13/2024 at 5:43 PM, DorothyB said:

I successfully applied a second cruise next certificate as a partial payment to a cruise booked with a cruise next certificate as the deposit back in early May.  So, now two cruise next certificates have been applied.  I did it online and have received my confirmation.  The cruise was NOT rebooked at the current rate so all is great.

We have done that several times when the "Double Up" offer became available after we had originally booked but before we had made our final payment.  NCL may sometimes impose other requirements for eligibility, but we haven't had problems doing this several times in the past.  No re-booking was required.

On 6/13/2024 at 6:10 PM, Nilbog said:

I think NCL entered 2099 simply because their system can’t handle 2100 or later yet. 😄

Yes, it's common practice to use all nines in the date field to represent a lifetime membership or a benefit that has no expiration date.  If the computer programmer who set up the data field expected there to be a date in that field, you sometimes have to trick the computer into realizing that the date is effectively infinity.