Studio cabins, drying wet swimwear

I booked a studio (first time) for a Christmas Caribbean cruise where I will have wet swimsuits every day and just today realized I usually have a balcony and strap things to the chairs to dry,  Since it’s such a tiny cabin, is drying stuff in the cabin difficult?  Is there a cord over the shower? I will plan accordingly. I hate wet swimwear so if it won’t dry in time I’ll just pack extra and bring space bags. TIA.

Packing two is a good idea. I ask my steward for extra towels and after washing my swimsuit in the sink I lay it on a towel, roll the towel, press the water out (aka step on it even). Then I hang it to dry in the shower. Usually it’s dry the next day but YMMV so bring an extra just in case. I usually cruise interior or OV and wash my clothes the same way as I explained above. It works like a charm for most fabric and if it’s not 100% I take a hair dryer to it for a few minutes.

• Like 1

I found that my bathing suit didn’t dry well in studio cabins so I ended up finding a sunny spot out on the top sundeck with two deck chairs: one for me and one for my bathing suit to dry.

Please note I was fully clothed in other items while the bathing suit was drying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

13 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Please note I was fully clothed in other items while the bathing suit was drying.

I'm wondering if you felt it important to add this clarification after your dad's recent birthday suit experience in the Thermal Suite!?!  I still chuckle when I think about that. . .❤️

• Like 1

Would recommend two swimsuits, on my last cruise in an inside on the Jade I had no problem alternating days on suits. Line in shower or magnetic hook to dry in the cabin. But letting suits mostly dry on deck in the sun definately helped a lot when possible.

I don’t know if this is a fire hazard…and I’m certain someone will let me know if it is…but at times there is a space above mini-fridge that is warm and dries smaller items.

49 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

I don’t know if this is a fire hazard…and I’m certain someone will let me know if it is…but at times there is a space above mini-fridge that is warm and dries smaller items.

Usually no mini fridge in a Studio cabin

There is the cord in the shower in the Studio Cabins (but no fridge). I brought 2 bathing suits and found that one day alternating was enough time for them to dry out. When in a rush, I also used the cabin's hair dryer on the low heat setting to accelerate the process.

• Like 1