Viking Torshavn Bar Stumble

KathR

Although we loved our Viking Ocean Cruise last year, I was unfortunate enough to stumble on the cosmetic step in the Torshavn Bar.  The lovely crew that helped me at the time said that many passengers stumble on that step, but I've never heard of anyone.  Maybe I'm just extremely clumsy 😁.  Unfortunately, I'm still having issues with my injuries a year later and wondered it had happened to anyone else?

Yes,  I tripped probably  on the same step you are talking about...and not 5 minutes later, another women stumbled.  They really need to do something about that step...maybe some white tape, it is very easy to miss in the dim light.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deec said:

hmm where is the step...I don't remember it and have been in Torshavn frequently

It's by the bar to a raised seating area.  Pretty obvious going towards the seated area, but not the other way round and in dim lighting.

Torshavn Lounge step - scene of accident.png

25 minutes ago, brisco06 said:

Yes,  I tripped probably  on the same step you are talking about...and not 5 minutes later, another women stumbled.  They really need to do something about that step...maybe some white tape, it is very easy to miss in the dim light.

Was it this one? I was leaving the seated area and in dim lighting....doh...

Torshavn Lounge step - scene of accident.png

Curious  you call it "cosmetic" since it does function as a step from one level to another.  Maybe a row of lights might help.  I think the dim lighting is the real culprit and that is atmosphere of a "night club" venue.  Thanks for the warning I will remember to be mindful if I sit on that level.  Hope you finally heal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2024 at 8:36 PM, duquephart said:

If it's there when you go one way it's still there when you go the other way.

The fact that it's THERE doesn't mean that it's VISIBLE in dim lighting. If the top edge of the step visually blends with the floor below the step in dim lighting, it could be easy to miss - especially if you're wearing fancier shoes than you're used to, and if the ship is moving.

• Like 1

I seem to have acquired a recent habit of tripping (nothing to do with turning 60 I am sure) and this is a good heads up for me to be careful there  - Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We all need to be careful when the ship is moving.  Hold handrails and wear sensible shoes.  I have experienced 2 sudden changes in direction while onboard and it was not because of rough seas.

• Like 2