OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK JUNE 2024

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"Tonight for one hour the LOGO SHOP on board has a 20% sale on everything."

Morpheus, has the nearly total lack of YC merch improved?

23 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"Have you tried the Robotron on board this ship ? You have the use of a butler that will butt right in front of the long line of little rascals on this ship. I'd pay just to watch the show of you being butted to the front of this line."

Queue-jumping in front of eager Little Rascals...

froggy-kid-faints.gif.36d0e6bacb4d2f3601a68516bc65f76e.gif

...will get you a 180° flip to Lord of the Flies.

Lord-of-the-Flies.gif.e87791a5ec24bc7c6c236e5c46dde925.gif

I don't recommend it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, no1talks said:

Morpheus, has the nearly total lack of YC merch improved?

This is again relative. When compared to MSC Explora Journeys ships carrying very little in the way of mass market consumables and just expensive high end products like 12 Rolex watches to choose from and no logo ball caps or sweatshirts. Or not finding a duty free shop with a chocolate bar on the ship, to a full blown chocolate shop like Venchi on Seascape. Found the prices very reasonable on Seascape as well. Venchi chocolate sells for $110 /kilo (2.2 lbs) on their US website and $77/ kilo on the ship and on the first night of the cruise Venchi had a 20% off sale.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Fear not - between a good waiter and the Maitre'd, you can still get some excellent wine choices.  It took me a couple of days to discover this.  

I also found out, too late to really take advantage of it, that there is a wine by the bottle list as well that you do not receive if you ask your waiter in Le Muse for the wine list. 

Here is a picture I took of the wine list .. 

IMG_0090.thumb.jpeg.ea54a4e9d7b77edb1f09845e67450a84.jpeg

The trick to this upload was to start it before 6 am. The extensive wine list....

• Like 2

I  believe it was a captain on the Celebrity Edge that introduced his officers one evening . When he came to his Hotel Director he said "This is the man who is responsible for the service you deserve, and if you are not getting the service you deserve, you do not deserve the service. (laughter) I'm glad we are on the same page."

9 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Must be very mild if they can eat a sandwich

My thought is they just did not want to get far from the nearest toilet. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

The trick to this upload was to start it before 6 am. The extensive wine list....

IMG_3996.mov

Thank you so very much!! 

That was a very extensive listing of wines.  Which venue did you find that wine list at in electronic form? 

Edited by DaKahuna

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

@morpheusofthesea Have you taken a moment to enjoy the bathroom on Deck 18 by the Jungle Pool yet this sailing?

I always get a good chuckle from that.

JunglePoolBathroom.jpg.f50a251c9c7ca6563847d36cf90edffd.jpg

We walk around the Jungle Pool every morning and failed to see the toilet in this position. If we had I would have recommended it be turned 180 degrees so one could have a view while seated.

marine-head-origin.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea

8 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We walk around the Jungle Pool every morning and failed to see the toilet in this position. If we had I would have recommended it be turned 180 degrees so one could have a view while seated.

marine-head-origin.jpg

The bathroom is tucked back in the corner of the port side near the YC entrance on Deck 18 if I remember correctly.

Shame it doesn't have that view, lol.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Which venue did you find that wine list at in electronic form? 

All I did was ask my waiter. I stopped drinking a bottle of wine everyday for 50 years, when covid hit and obesity became a new comorbidity. Our waiter was taken aback, shocked, startled, taken by surprise. So I told him I had a friend that wanted me to photo the wine list for him. He brought over the two I photoed and then brought over a laptop with the video presentation he slowly flipped through as I filmed. He looks forward to the last evening when I tip him $300 for the 7 days of service. That helps getting the service I deserve.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

@morpheusofthesea Have you taken a moment to enjoy the bathroom on Deck 18 by the Jungle Pool yet this sailing?

I always get a good chuckle from that.

JunglePoolBathroom.jpg.f50a251c9c7ca6563847d36cf90edffd.jpg

The first time I went it there it was quite a surprise as I did not know about the windows.  It is my favorite public bathroom on any ship.  LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GPPhilly said:

The first time I went it there it was quite a surprise as I did not know about the windows.  It is my favorite public bathroom on any ship.  LOL

I call it a, "loo with a view."

😅

• Haha 3

On 6/17/2024 at 11:20 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

Saw this posted in the daily program for Yacht Club. What do you think they meant by "Pants for gentlemen are mandatory..."

IMG_3981.jpeg

I guess it means you could go no pants or better  yet opt for a kilt!  

Posted (edited)

Today is sea day sailing to Ocean Cay tomorrow. Weather is beautiful and breezy, not too hot. Today is High Tea time in the Top Sail Lounge. Our butler tells us that High Tea is only once per week on all ships in MSC fleet, EXCEPT all those sailing from Southampton. They get High Tea on board every day to accommodate the Brits fondness for leaf tea. He said here on Seascape they have both bagged and have increased their stock of leaf tea as it is much better and preferred by MSC YC guests.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"He looks forward to the last evening when I tip him $300 for the 7 days of service. That helps getting the service I deserve."

The question that will be asked by the service-fee-only crowd is this: Does everyone deserve that level of service, or just those who have a reputation for generosity?

I mention this not as a critic of tipping (we hand out those envelopes), but because some rather pointed discussions about tipping, pre-tipping, etc. just  died down, at last, on two other boards.

3 minutes ago, no1talks said:

The question that will be asked by the service-fee-only crowd is this: Does everyone deserve that level of service, or just those who have a reputation for generosity?

I mention this not as a critic of tipping (we hand out those envelopes), but because some rather pointed discussions about tipping, pre-tipping, etc. just  died down, at last, on two other boards.

I would say everybody deserves it but not everybody receives it, the same way everybody who provides that level of service deserves additional compensation (in the way of tips), but not everybody receives it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

The bathroom is tucked back in the corner of the port side near the YC entrance on Deck 18 if I remember correctly.

Shame it doesn't have that view, lol.

You are right. We walk on deck 16 Jungle Pool and shy away from doors that one must manually touch. It is bad enough we have to open our cabin door manually but then we wash our hands immediately upon entering and use a wet nap when leaving. 

• Like 1