Please help really stressing..

This will be our first time disembarking in Vancouver. Would like to book a flight departing at 12:20 - does this seem feasible

or am I cutting it too close. Not sure about time required for customs etc. A more inconvenient and much longer flight leaves at 2:50. Thank you so much for any and all ideas/suggestions. 

You can make a 12:20 flight. Commonly recommended here, if you look around the board.

Immigration is the complicated and possibly time consuming event, although with biometrics, its going faster and faster. Customs is not much of a thing anymore.

It might be important for us to know if this is a domestic Canadian flight, or a flight to the US or another country.

Have flown YVR to San Jose several times, I agree w/other responses re: 12:20 should be fine. 

I'll also note that YVR airport has three potential choke points (at least, for those of us flying to the US): check-in, luggage scanning (where you have to place your own baggage on the scanning machine), and security scanning.  It has been our experience that AT LEAST one of those choke points takes longer expected - to the point that we find ourselves OFTEN wondering "why is this taking so long?" at YVR - more than we do at any other airport.  However, I mention this simply because, even with this propensity for trapping you at least one of the chokepoints, I agree that a 12:20P flight should still be OK.

14 hours ago, yolotraveler said:

Thank you for your response. I appreciated the information about YVR. Do you think it makes a difference if we use a Princess transfer or get an Uber or taxi.

A taxi will get you there faster, thus giving you more time.