Princess dining reservations for new cruiser

CeleBrat

New to Princess.  Well, somewhat.  I sailed the Dawn Princess in 1985.  So, it's been awhile.  But we are on an upcoming 10-day Grand MED cruise on the Island Princess.  

So here's my question:  is there set dining?  Or is it all "my time.?  And can I make a reservation or preference before I sail?

Thanks!--CeleBrat

Posted (edited)

Welcome back!  I would suggest to go through things that have changed on the PCL website, because a lot has changed.

However, download the Princess Cruises App and look at dining tmrw, June 17th, because it is changing.

This clip from the website may help.  You will have 3 choices, depending if you’re sailing after Sep 14?  
image.thumb.jpeg.81ce5a3c5757836309b1f60a52109474.jpeg

Before that date, it is called DMW, Dine my way.

You reserve a time and MDR that you want.  Wait till tmrw or later to try these options.

Hopefully, it will be loaded.

Edited by PacnGoNow

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Welcome back!  I would suggest to go through things that have changed on the PCL website, because a lot has changed.

However, download the Princess Cruises App and look at dining tmrw, June 17th, because it is changing.

This clip from the website may help.  You will have 3 choices, depending if you’re sailing after Sep 14?  

Before that date, it is called DMW, Dine my way.

You reserve a time and MDR that you want.  Wait till tmrw or later to try these options.

Hopefully, it will be loaded.

Thanks for the info.  I am sailing Aug 25th, so before the change you mentioned.  Can I reserve daily dining reservation times in advance, or will I have to wait until day-of?

11 minutes ago, CeleBrat said:

Thanks for the info.  I am sailing Aug 25th, so before the change you mentioned.  Can I reserve daily dining reservation times in advance, or will I have to wait until day-of?

You should be able to reserve the MDR.  It should be updated tmrw.  Let’s hope.  
Try it on the App.  You already made FP, so should not be an issue.

Let us know. 

38 minutes ago, CeleBrat said:

We sail August 31 and made reservations for each night in the dining room of our choice right on the app. We just reserved the same time and dining room each night to make it easier to keep track of. 

We weren't able to make reservations with the app for the trip we just took.  (We kept getting error messages.). I was a quite stressed out about it, especially since we traveled with a child.

Honestly, we showed up every night at a random time and had no problems getting seated, including the time we ate at 6:30 which I think of as high volume.

59 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

How far in advance of a given cruise are you able to reserve mdr slots in the app?

Once you've either paid in full or if you're Platinum or Elite, have a full suite or a Club Class mini suite you can book anytime.

However, since there are changes coming in tomorrow, book it sometime after tomorrow. 

I *never* try to do dining on the app! It is so much easier on the "web version" located in the Cruise Personalizer. I strongly suggest that anybody take a look at that method first on a desktop/laptop/tablet.