A Caribbean Golf package

We were discussing a package many moons ago whereas you had a pro on board who arranged a round on the islands you visited and a banquet was held the last night

Can anyone remember this package?

Would it work today?

Princess no longer has golf pros on board. The program was discontinued, as you mentioned, years ago. If it would have been profitable Princess would have retained it. I don't foresee Princess restarting this program. If you wish to play golf in the Caribbean try a land vacation to a golf resort. 

53 minutes ago, Bobpell54 said:

Can anyone remember this package?

Yes!  Remember it well.  You could also demo the clubs they had - if memory serves me, at the time it was Nike.  You could purchase and they would be shipped to your home.

Definitely wouldn't work now.  I wish more of the Caribbean Island had available golf courses for cruise passengers.  They are either non-existent or too far from the port.

Our favorite is Port Royal - Bermuda (I know it's not the Caribbean!)

4 hours ago, DCThunder said:

Didn't they also used to allow guests to hit golf balls out into the ocean in the olden days?  As well as shooting skeet off the fantail?

In the FAR distant past...until it became "eco-unfriendly"!

On 6/17/2024 at 7:48 AM, DCThunder said:

Didn't they also used to allow guests to hit golf balls out into the ocean in the olden days?  As well as shooting skeet off the fantail?

I shot skeet off the back of the ship on 2 or 3 cruises in the 90's.  Once we shot from the port side near the back.  That was difficult due to the wind.  Targets flew very fast!  Was a lot of fun!  Great memories.

23 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

In the FAR distant past...until it became "eco-unfriendly"!

Well Kramer did manage to get a Titleist stuck in a whale's blow hole until George got it out.   "The sea was angry that day, my friends, like an old man at a deli returning soup!".

Just now, Taxguy49 said:

I shot skeet off the back of the ship on 2 or 3 cruises in the 90's.  Once we shot from the port side near the back.  That was difficult due to the wind.  Targets flew very fast!  Was a lot of fun!  Great memories.

Can you imagine shooting shotguns on a cruise ship today?  Hilarity would ensue...