The Haven on Escape - Brief Review

2 THUMBS UP! 

I loved The Haven experience, and if I'm back on Norwegian, wouldn't consider sailing any other way.

I remember reading some negative reviews of the Escape, and have no idea what people could complain about. I thought the ship overall was in fine shape.  

Our room on the 19th floor was terrific, and convenient. The people cleaning were like ninjas. As soon as we left, boom, room was clean, beds made, fresh towels. Take a shower before dinner? Boom, cleaned up after with more fresh towels. 

Boarding was seamless (we came later than most, probably).  

Getting on and off the ship was fantastic. They take you in a private elevator.

Concierge at their desks to assist

Private restaurant - excellent.  I ordered off the menu (grilled chicken and veggies) and they made it for me.  All servers are super friendly.  In fact, everyone I dealt with was. 

We went to the supper show one evening, and had first dibs on seating.

Worth every penny imo.  I'm prob missing some things I meant to say, but you get the idea.  Oh, 1 negative, it's RIDICULOUS Norwegian doesn't give unlimited internet to Haven guests 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We are sailing the ESCAPE in October.  I would like to know if there is dedicated Haven seating in the theater.  Looking at pictures I was unable to discern this as I saw no balcony.  Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, medicalma'am said:

We are sailing the ESCAPE in October.  I would like to know if there is dedicated Haven seating in the theater.  Looking at pictures I was unable to discern this as I saw no balcony.  Thanks in advance!

They brought us to the theatre (for choir of man) maybe 30 min before the doors opened for everyone else. We had our choice of seats. 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Jfur said:

They brought us to the theatre (for choir of man) maybe 30 min before the doors opened for everyone else. We had our choice of seats. 

They still take you to the roped off section reserved for Haven, right? But, I’ve seen folks move closer to the stage. The reserved Haven section is usually on a side isle and a little further back from the front. They’re still great seats, but not really the best. I just stay where I’m told to sit. 😁 A few minutes before the performance starts, they remove the ropes from the Haven reserved area, and anyone can sit in the available seats.

Edited by roddy good boy

5 minutes ago, roddy good boy said:

They still take you to the roped off section reserved for Haven, right? But, I’ve seen folks move closer to the stage. The reserved Haven section is usually on a side isle and a little further back from the front. They’re still great seats, but not really the best. I just stay where I’m told to sit. 😁 A few minutes before the performance starts, they remove the ropes from the Haven reserved area, and anyone can sit in the available seats.

i didn't notice any roped off area, maybe there was. We walked into an empty theatre and sat wherever we wanted. The cast of Choir of man encouraged whoever was in the theatre on stage for free beer before the show started 😃

Hmmmmm....Choir of Men.  I believe we saw this show locally last year when they came to Lufkin, Texas.  I remember being invited onstage for beer beforehand.  Does anyone know what other shows are onboard?

1 hour ago, roddy good boy said:

The reserved Haven section is usually on a side isle and a little further back from the front. They’re still great seats, but not really the best. I just stay where I’m told to sit. 😁

You can sit in any available seat. You aren't forced to sit in the Haven section. 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

You can sit in any available seat. You aren't forced to sit in the Haven section. 

I get that! It was a bit tongue in cheek. But, my experiences have been that you are let into the theaters early and ushered to the Haven section. 

And, as previously stated, I have seen a few individuals get up from those seats and move closer to the stage.

Edited by roddy good boy