Any solo cabins available other than on NCL?

On 6/18/2024 at 6:19 AM, SoloAlaska said:

Celebrity has some solo cabins as well on certain ships.

Yes, the Edge class ships on Celebrity. And because they’re solo staterooms (max 1 occupancy), there’s no supplemental charge for solo occupancy. 

2 hours ago, shandryl said:

RCL has them.

I was in a solo balcony on the Ovation and it was great.  It had a lot more storage than the solo balconies in CelebrityEdge class ships.

Posted (edited)

Oceania has lovely solo cabins American  Cruise Line has balcony and ocean view solo.

Holland America has a few solo ocean view 

Edited by Wasasalad
Add

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

For UK solo cruisers aged 50 or over, Saga have over 100 single cabins on each of their ships Spirit of Adventure and Spirit of Discovery. As the ships carry only 999 passengers this represents 10% of capacity. The cabins are of a good size and all have a balcony. They also have a double bed - Saga must think that there's life in the old dogs yet. 🙂

I estimate the effective single supplement vis a vis a similar twin cabin at 40% -50%

Edited by Denarius
expanded
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Royal C has many ships with solo cabins--Quantum/Ovation of the Seas are my favorites. Celebrity Silhouette has a few studios, and newer HAL ships have some oceanview solo cabins. You're taking the wrong approach, though, since I've been on 80 cruises solo and have only been in one studio cabin. The only thing that matters is overall price. A lot of lines will drop or reduce the single supplement, or just drop the fare enough to make it cheaper than a studio cabin option on another line. So I've been on NCL 5 times, but never in a studio, because a single room is a cheaper option. Most of my cruises have been around $100/nt for a solo inside, which I find by monitoring deals, bookmarking searches for lines and times and ships and itineraries I want. NCL, Carnival, Royal, and Celebrity all have search functions for a solo passenger (Princess just got rid of theirs, the jerks). You can also set up searches in cruiseplum and go through their hot deals, last-minute deals, and reduced solo supplement sections to find good deals.