2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

I actually visualized the cane, too!  And, yes…I’m positive you would captivate the hearts of many!  Unfortunately, I would likely not be a witness.  

Perhaps, but probably not, I'll try my outfit out in February. I already have to jump in a penguin suit for y'all fine folks! 

• Haha 1

Can I throw in a cruise that I'm totally selfish in looking at?

June 1 or June 8 2025 Getaway sailing to Bermuda out of NYC.  This is kind of how my whole B-Day cruise deal started.  And, it's NYC, which will be helpful to some of you.  And, it's to Bermuda, which I dearly love.

Thoughts?

41 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

June 1 or June 8 2025 Getaway sailing to Bermuda out of NYC.  This is kind of how my whole B-Day cruise deal started.  And, it's NYC, which will be helpful to some of you.  And, it's to Bermuda, which I dearly love.

Thoughts?

You can throw out whatever you want for a Birthday cruise. 

I know I said I was taking a cruising hiatus in 2025 for personal reasons but I do like this cruise you suggested. Price is good for a solo, airfares aren't too stupid (and could come down...it's early) and we could bunk at @Sugar Magnolia's place on Saturday night (ok...maybe not that last part). Getaway was my first NCL ship and has a fond place in my heart, though I know she is not the same as 10 years ago (but neither am I).

So while it may not work as the official #schmoopiefest 2026, it could be the official #graphicguyannualbirthday cruise. If I can't do the cruise, I certainly could come spend a Saturday night in NYC to celebrate before you leave. Pencil me in, but no promises. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

So.... @schmoopie17, are you saying the official first ever #schmoopiefest will begin June 5, 2026? We are most definitely onboard, however (unless staterooms look like they're really getting snapped up by your fans), we're going to book after our February cruise so we can purchase a couple of Cruise Next's to use on the booking.

Let's have the final SCHMOOPIE decision, good sir! 

I'm not sure that it's my place to decide for everyone, but this is the one we're leaning toward (towards??..that one always confuses me). At the moment I'm wrestling with getting CruiseFirst (they currently have the sale where you get $500 for $250) or getting CruiseNext next week. I guess I'm leaning toward (towards??) CruiseFirst, to eliminate that whole OBC fiasco which dominated CC a while (awhile??) back.

I know @graphicguythrew out another 2025 cruise. We won't be doing that one, since we have Panama Canal in February and that summer we're taking the grandkids and families to a Michigan lake house for a couple of weeks. That pretty much blows our (actually exceeds) our travel budget for 2025.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Thoughts?

Maybe...depends on summer plans...Michigan lake house sounds lovely so I might have to schmoopie @schmoopie17 at the lake house. Although after our Panama Cruise together, he might ghost me...or adopt me...could go either way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@graphicguy I would love to meet you and help celebrate your birthday…maybe someday, but not on NCL Getaway to Bermuda.  I had actually booked the week of June 15 for my DH birthday.  At the time I booked was the same time that NCL was not disclosing Port Fees snd Taxes on some browsers until final payment screen.  I contacted my PCC, told her to book the cruise and that’s when she told me it was $800 more than I expected.  I went ahead and booked, and for 2 in a regular balcony + standard travel protection, the cost was $4500.  Yikes.

I started looking around.  While not the same dates, both June and August are Atlantic hurricane season.  I ended up booking MSC Meraviglia out of Brooklyn to Bermuda for 7 nights starting August 24.  Total cost for 2 in Aurea balcony with drinks, unlimited 1 device each wifi, MyTime dining, thermal spa access, travel protection and $225 OBC for $2798.  Crazy difference.  Needless to say, I canceled the NCL cruise.  

A pre-cruise meetup in NYC with CCers celebrating your birthday might actually be doable.  We love NYC…but June…it better be somewhere with good A/C🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

At the moment I'm wrestling with getting CruiseFirst (they currently have the sale where you get $500 for $250) or getting CruiseNext next week. I guess I'm leaning toward (towards??) CruiseFirst, to eliminate that whole OBC fiasco which dominated CC a while (awhile??) back.

I have both CruiseFirsts and CruiseNexts in my arsenal. CruiseFirsts generally work better for me as I mostly book studios and inside cabins and the double up promos often don't apply to those cabins. The current CruiseFirst promo...get $500 for $250...is a good deal. I also have a bunch of CruiseNexts waiting in the wings for the next triple up promo. When or if that will happen...probably best to check the Farmer's Almanac.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I have both CruiseFirsts and CruiseNexts in my arsenal. CruiseFirsts generally work better for me as I mostly book studios and inside cabins and the double up promos often don't apply to those cabins. The current CruiseFirst promo...get $500 for $250...is a good deal. I also have a bunch of CruiseNexts waiting in the wings for the next triple up promo. When or if that will happen...probably best to check the Farmer's Almanac.

Have CNs and and CFs just waiting for me, too.

Atlantic weather in June does not bother me.  I actually like sailing then as the weather is usually nice...UNLESS...there's a hurricane.  Which I've also sailed through before.  I'm feeling mighty fearless.

There's a Getaway and I think a Jewel cruise in June that will go to Bermuda.  Eyeballing both. Both have good fares right now.  I'll probably wait until later this year.  Maybe see what those fares look like when I'm on the Getaway this December.  I'm thinking I can score another deal for Bermuda like we found on the Joy this past June.

Who knows, might get some pleasant surprise coupons in my account I can use, too.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

Ok @schmoopie17, since you refuse to make a decision, I've added a column on that infamous Google Sheet for "Itinerary." I added the 6/5/26 itinerary for me...maybe we can get 30% of folx to weigh in and of that 30%, 27% will agree to the 6/5 cruise. Majority of the minority wins!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_6mL29I60rxhtElTw5UKKsr9aYdcpxF-de5BXUM9XE/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Ok @schmoopie17, since you refuse to make a decision, I've added a column on that infamous Google Sheet for "Itinerary." I added the 6/5/26 itinerary for me...maybe we can get 30% of folx to weigh in and of that 30%, 27% will agree to the 6/5 cruise. Majority of the minority wins!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_6mL29I60rxhtElTw5UKKsr9aYdcpxF-de5BXUM9XE/edit?usp=sharing

I can’t add…but the itinerary I would be inclined to cruise would be the 6/5 on Viva.  Can you put me down for that one?

• Haha 1

@cruiseny4life  @schmoopie17  Okay…in looking at the spreadsheet a little further, it looks like @ggTexasGal and @MagnoliaBlossom already have the 1/10/26 Viva booked.  It’s a 14-day out of Galveston to Caribbean.  As much as we’ve been to the Caribbean, I can honestly say that 6 out of 9 ports we’ve not yet visited.  I definitely could be okay with this itinerary, too. And, there’s a government holiday during this time which helps with anyone strapped for time off.

so…@cruiseny4life…can you add in comments my other choice 😊

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1

We’re on the 2/6 PC cruise with 4 of our family members.  I’ll be lurking on the waterfront and near afternoon cookies. 🤞 I’ll most likely have a melted credit card as pre PC cruise we are on the Sun 1/19 Melbourne-Auckland flying to LA on the 4th to rest and catch the Joy.  🤪  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, laudergayle said:

@cruiseny4life  @schmoopie17  Okay…in looking at the spreadsheet a little further, it looks like @ggTexasGal and @MagnoliaBlossom already have the 1/10/26 Viva booked.  It’s a 14-day out of Galveston to Caribbean.  As much as we’ve been to the Caribbean, I can honestly say that 6 out of 9 ports we’ve not yet visited.  I definitely could be okay with this itinerary, too. And, there’s a government holiday during this time which helps with anyone strapped for time off.

That Galveston cruise is almost as much as the European cruise, at least for a solo. For that price, I would stick with Europe.

• Like 4

On 9/3/2024 at 3:06 PM, graphicguy said:

Thoughts?

Funny.  I'll be doing that cruise in July for my birthday.  What a wonderful way to celebrate!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Your secretary has entered your command as you wish madame laudergayle! 😉 

11 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

That Galveston cruise is almost as much as the European cruise, at least for a solo. For that price, I would stick with Europe.

It is four more days than the European cruise, though! More days on a cruise. Now you can't complain about that! 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WickedRed said:

Funny.  I'll be doing that cruise in July for my birthday.  What a wonderful way to celebrate!!

Cool!  I'm going to book it and see how it shakes out.  I think fares will drop. I love the AWAY ships and I love Bermuda.

Hope to see you on board.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

It is four more days than the European cruise, though! More days on a cruise. Now you can't complain about that! 🙂 

You are right about that and the airfare would be significantly less. I have been to all but one of those ports in the Caribbean so would spend most of my days on the ship...I love the Viva so that's not a complaint either! So many choices but I am sticking to Europe for now, unless prices drop for the January cruise (and then maybe I can do both!).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I have been to all but one of those ports in the Caribbean so would spend most of my days on the ship...

Ditto...seems like a waste of money to go to ports we have been to before and stay on the ship.

We'd much rather go places we've never been...i.e. Croatia, etc.

As always, YMMV.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Ditto...seems like a waste of money to go to ports we have been to before and stay on the ship.

As always, YMMV.

Do we have yours and @debenson0723 vote for 6/5 Viva?  If so, should we (@cruiseny4life 🤣) update the spreadsheet? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

It is hgh but that’s what we get for sailing the newest ship in the fleet.  I waited a year before doing the Prima so it was more reasonable.  The devil made me book this one 😈

I actually didn’t think it was more overly priced than the other NCL cruises these days.  I’m giving it serious thought…new ship, itinerary with lots of ports we’ve not been too…cruising with some nice CC folks.  Tempting.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

As always, YMMV.

I have been to 4 of the ports on the 6/5/26 cruise too and would probably stay onboard in Santorini, Olympia and possibly Athens. But the other ports more than make up for that to me. This cruise is part ports, part ship but mostly the people that make me want to do it. 

• Like 1