Summer Solstice

Posted (edited)

And today is the beginning of summer.  For some here in the US, they are probably thinking "You mean it wasn't here yet?" We are fortunate here in SC that we live just a little south of the heat dome currently residing over portions of the US.

So today I nervously stepped on the scale.  Nothing has moved up or down and I say "DEAL!".  I'll take it!.  My father pulled through his health scare even though they say it is temporary and he will be back to the hospital with new blockages in the future, we had him for another father's day and we were all happy about that.  My older sister came to stay with me and after several days of my diet, she started having intestinal distress, so we had to modify and bring in some extra carbs. So I was a wee bit worried.  But apparently, I came out the other side unscathed.  Tomorrow I get fitted for the Holter monitor so hopefully, we'll get some data to explain my low blood pressure and fainting episode at the gym.

Izena, I hope things have smoothed out and that you too were able to come through that stressful time without a disruption to the diet.  It is so hard, even on good days.

Jan, I hope your week allowed for the scale to speak softly to you today.  I've learned that the occasional normal eating doesn't impact the scale for very long at all as long as you get back to your more restricted diet after.  For me, sometimes those little indulgences leads to one more and one more until  my scale shows several pounds up and I finally have to cut everything out again.  Those pounds take a lot longer to come off than an isolated indulgence. 

Solo- keep up the good work.  I have full faith that at the rate you are going, you will meet your goal by December or at least by March.  You've got some good momentum going.

Terri - you sound a lot like me (and not just because my name is Teri). You are moving your body and watching what you eat and the scale just stalls.  It can be frustrating, but I think everything is readjusting during those stalls.  If you are like me, you step on the scale one day and find that you are down a pound or two.  Then another stall. I think I read somewhere that the secret to weight loss is patience.  I think it is  a little more than that, but patience is a very significant component for sure.  

Belle, I hope all is well with you.  Haven't seen you here lately and I hope all is okay.

Tchau!  (I'm learning Portuguese...can you believe there is a "T" in there?)

Edited by HopefulCruiser123
  • Like 1

Teri thanks for starting the thread.  

Got the “guest “  out of the house last Friday (a 4 week stay). He burned this bridge - allowed him to drive the spare car-  racked up $80 in tolls and a $200 repair bill after hitting road debri.   He is paying those bills.  

finally relaxing.  My son and I should finish fence work this week. We’re having intermittent power outages thankful for my generac generator.  

still haven’t gotten back in a good eating routine.  Still working on bp issues -  problem finding best medicine that doesn’t lower the pulse since I regularly have a pulse of 45.  It will eventually get worked out.  

• Like 1

Hi - Looked at this post earlier and somehow got sidetracked and didn't post.  I am down the 1# that I was up last week .... So, I really stayed the same - It is ok.

Teri - Sounds like you did ok weight wise - hope everything else goes smoothly and that your dad does better.

Izena - Hope you have a better week this week - 4 weeks is a long time to have a "guest".  Glad he is paying the bills for the car.  Hopefully you will find the best medicine soon.

Belle - If you are reading this - please know that we all think about you and hope that you are doing ok.

• Like 1

Hello all,

I stayed about the same again...well, down a few ounces but I don't count those! LOL

It's so weird, but when I weigh on Wednesday mornings, I am usually down a pound or so, but then Thursday it's right back on! I did have a thought last night though. We usually eat at a fast food restaurant on Wednesdays before Bible Study. So like yesterday, even though I did fine on WW points with my meal, I'm wondering if the extra sodium could be the culprit? 

It is hot here! I'll be helping with meals at our kids' summer camp next week...hoping this heat wave breaks by then!

Have a good week, everyone!

• Like 1

It’s Monday and I’m in a great mood.  I actually weighed  over the past 15 months I’ve put on 50 lbs.  from health issues, anxiety inability to exercise.  I think I’m ready to get back to healthy living.  

first  not bring in junk food.  I know what will work.  
im going to try and break the snacking and junk food by going on a glucerna liquid diet.  
a six pack is 1080 calories.  ( I have coupons for $3 off a six pack which brings it to $10 a day which isn’t bad ).  I’m hoping for a week. Then can introduce healthy meals.  

since too hot to get in much walking will turn extra room into a gym. Set up my total gym, and maybe get a  cheap elliptical.  

all sound great time will tell how many times I have to restart the plan lol.

• Like 1

Izena - Wonderful that you have decided to try to be more healthy both food and life wise .... sounds like you have a great plan.   

I'm always available if you want to talk.  Jan