World America YC Deluxe Suite Sizes

jcathers1

Looking for some guidance on whether any of the YC Deluxe Suites on World America will be slightly larger than the others (or different in any material way). Does anyone know if this is the case on World Europa or will be the case on World America? I know this was the case on Seashore, etc. due to the ship's irregularities, but wasn't sure if there would be any anomalous cabins on WA. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I haven't noticed anything exceptionality larger  but maybe 19015/19016 are a bit wider.

Interesting. Can I ask why you think they might be larger?

26 minutes ago, jcathers1 said:

Interesting. Can I ask why you think they might be larger?

Just based on pictures/video that I've seen, 19015 looks a small amount wider. The space from the foot of the bed to the dresser looks wider. The camera angles don't help since some people focus their video on drawer space and contents. From what I can see, none of the differences are as big as the differences with the Grands on Seashore/Seascape.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I haven't noticed anything exceptionality larger  but maybe 19015/19016 are a bit wider.

You may have answered this before... We have Seascape 19002 booked because it looked like a unique room. It is an odd size (wide and short) forward facing. Any downsides?

50 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You may have answered this before... We have Seascape 19002 booked because it looked like a unique room. It is an odd size (wide and short) forward facing. Any downsides?

Other than the older threads that you've already seen, there's nothing new to report. Overlooking  the sofa at the foot of the bed (a non-issue for some people), most people who have stayed there seem to like it. 

Will World America have the exact specs as World Europa (cabins, YC area, etc.)? Sorry, just looking to book now, and it always makes it more challenging when the ship isn't completed yet. 

Also, in your experience, any concern booking a late May sailing? It looks like they aren't offering sailings until April, so I assume that's when they are targeting its completion. I assume that month buffer should be enough if there are minor delays...?

3 hours ago, jcathers1 said:

Will World America have the exact specs as World Europa (cabins, YC area, etc.)? Sorry, just looking to book now, and it always makes it more challenging when the ship isn't completed yet. 

Deck plans aren't always 100% accurate. MSC deck plans aren't always 100% complete. For stateroom numbers and locations, there are a few differences that I have found between World Europa and World America deck plans but until the ship is completed, no one will know for sure. I suspect that they will be the same for things like staterooms. 

3 hours ago, jcathers1 said:

Also, in your experience, any concern booking a late May sailing? It looks like they aren't offering sailings until April, so I assume that's when they are targeting its completion. I assume that month buffer should be enough if there are minor delays...?

Anything is possible (good or bad) when new ships are being built. May would be a bit early for me even if the ship is 100% complete in April. The crew would also need time to get organized (MSC doesn't have a standard operating procedure for...anything) so when I book a new ship, I give the crew time to gel. Some people like to be one of the first to sail a new ship so for those people, new ship/new crew is a non-issue. 

With MSC, early cruises tend to be bit more problematic compared to new RCCL, NCL, Carnival cruises because those companies (and others) follow a SOP. On MSC, things can be very different from one ship to the next. With the World Class being the largest MSC ship in North America and having more people than MSC usually has, I expect the crew to be a bit overwhelmed early on. 

• Like 1

One final question: for the booking we are looking at (May 31), it only shows as having available YC deluxe suite cabins on deck 19, 20, and 21. These same class of rooms are on decks 16, 17, and 18, right? Is it possible that all of these sold out first? It's strange, because there appear to be 30+ rooms still available, but not on those lower decks. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jcathers1 said:

One final question: for the booking we are looking at (May 31), it only shows as having available YC deluxe suite cabins on deck 19, 20, and 21. These same class of rooms are on decks 16, 17, and 18, right? Is it possible that all of these sold out first? It's strange, because there appear to be 30+ rooms still available, but not on those lower decks. 

I've noticed some strange things like you describe. When doing some mock bookings, certain decks are unable to be selected. This could be due to MSC making different things available to different markets/countries at different times. It could also be that MSC wants to fill 3 decks before opening up the other 3. I don't know if we're seeing what is left or if we're seeing what MSC wants to fill first.

It could also be website issues in some countries but not others. For example, one time a certain Royal Suite was available if booking from the U.K. but was unavailable if booking from the U.S.. A call to the MSC "concierge service" solved the problem and allowed me to book when the website did not.

My suspicion is that MSC wants to fill the 3 decks before allowing people to book the next 3 decks. 

EDIT:

I checked a popular travel agency site and they have plenty available on 15, 16, and 18 (no deck 17). If you want a lower deck than what the MSC site shows, contact either the concierge (request a call) or call regular MSC customer service.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I've noticed some strange things like you describe. When doing some mock bookings, certain decks are unable to be selected. This could be due to MSC making different things available to different markets/countries at different times. It could also be that MSC wants to fill 3 decks before opening up the other 3. I don't know if we're seeing what is left or if we're seeing what MSC wants to fill first.

It could also be website issues in some countries but not others. For example, one time a certain Royal Suite was available if booking from the U.K. but was unavailable if booking from the U.S.. A call to the MSC "concierge service" solved the problem and allowed me to book when the website did not.

My suspicion is that MSC wants to fill the 3 decks before allowing people to book the next 3 decks. 

EDIT:

I checked a popular travel agency site and they have plenty available on 15, 16, and 18 (no deck 17). If you want a lower deck than what the MSC site shows, contact either the concierge (request a call) or call regular MSC customer service.

Thanks! Do you happen to have the number for the concierge. 

On 6/23/2024 at 10:17 AM, jcathers1 said:

We are also booked for this same sailing next year (May 31st)  We are in the Royal YC on deck 16. Hopefully we will run into each other onboard. 🤩

• Like 1