Beach Club Overwater Cabana Food Question

Mom*3

We’ve been to Coco Cay a few times and have rented Day Beds in the past, and really enjoyed them. We’ve been to Breezy Bay and South Beach and have been near a Snack Shack each time. We love the chicken sandwiches! Lol

We are going to Coco Cay again in July with 6 adults (DH and I, and 4 - adult “children” (22yr - 27yr)), so I booked 2 - Day Beds at Breezy Bay.

We are a month out and the Overwater Cabana price has dropped quite a bit. The Beach Club menu looks fabulous, my husband is drooling, but I know the adult children will miss the chicken sandwiches. (I know, I know, ridiculous problem to have.) Has anyone had any luck with the Cabana Attendant delivering some of the Snack Shack food to the Cabana, specifically the chicken sandwich and the funnel cake? And, what about quantity? Can we get multiple appetizers of the shrimp and mozzarella sticks? Two of these adult children are guys, and they can eat! My husband is worried he won’t see a shrimp! Lol

Side question - do you think I will have any luck requesting one of the cabanas near the South Beach side (looks like numbers 11-20)?
I don’t need a specific cabana, just one in that grouping, those look closer to the sport court and activities (bags, corn hole) that are near South Beach. One of the guys will definitely get antsy and need to do an activity. Lol

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Mom*3 said:

Has anyone had any luck with the Cabana Attendant delivering some of the Snack Shack food to the Cabana, specifically the chicken sandwich and the funnel cake? And, what about quantity? Can we get multiple appetizers of the shrimp and mozzarella sticks? Two of these adult children are guys, and they can eat! My husband is worried he won’t see a shrimp!

Yes, you can order Snack Shack food and quantities shouldn't be an issue. Our server brought us funnel cakes for 8 a couple years ago. And fwiw, I don't think it's a ridiculous problem.

Unsolicited opinion... the coconut crusted lobster sandwich from the Beach Club is excellent. Anyone in my family who eats lobster liked it better than the plain, MDR-style lobster.

5 minutes ago, Mom*3 said:

Side question - do you think I will have any luck requesting one of the cabanas near the South Beach side (looks like numbers 11-20)?

You can definitely make that request. You can even request a specific number. They're all fine but if you're going out of your way to make a request, I'd choose one in the front row (farther out in the water) so you're looking out at just the water, not past another cabana. Really not a big deal but since you're requesting something anyway...

Enjoy the cabana!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mom*3 said:

Thank you for the quick answer! And, the lobster sandwich is definitely what I was planning on ordering.

No problem. Food is a huge part of my cruise-enjoyment so I can totally relate to the questions. Steak & lobster are great and on the rare occasion I have been treated to a beach club cabana on family cruises I enjoyed them... but we normally do CocoCay for free and I am very happy eating snack shack and chill grill food so I get not wanting to miss it (especially the funnel cake for dessert; that was the only part of the beach club menu we found underwhelming).

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AMommyof2 said:

We are considering Coco Beach Club, but not in a cabana (not worth the cost for only 2 of us). Can we order both the steak and lobster, or can we choose only 1 entrée?

You definitely can! And I highly recommend it. 😊 As a side note, those two extra lobsters in the center of the table weren't requested ... our server just brought them out. And we're always asked if we want more.

Surfturf.JPG.28ea7bb48934991ee7c199ea72b64f09.JPG

• Like 1

Was just there a little over a week ago, and it was no issue getting a ton of mozzarella sticks delivered to our cabin.  They were delicious!  Steak was also excellent, as well as the shrimp cocktail and ceviche.

• Like 1