Anthem of the Seas changed dock

Hi. We've just had the cruise documents for our cruise on the Anthem next month. We have always sailed from City Terminal in Southampton, and parked the car literally over the road at ABP Parking.
However, it now says the ship will be docked at the Horizon dock. It looks like we are still parking opposite City. Does anyone know how far it is from ABP to the Horizon cruise terminal? I use a Powerchair and my wife can only walk short distances.
Thanks

This caught my eye since we will be boarding in less than a month.  Haven’t checked our info to see if there are any changes but they look like they are next to each other.  Maybe one of the locals can give info on the parking.  

image.thumb.png.bad947ce99c8d29816eb242c59e225c2.png

6 minutes ago, Babynan said:

Hi. We've just had the cruise documents for our cruise on the Anthem next month. We have always sailed from City Terminal in Southampton, and parked the car literally over the road at ABP Parking.
However, it now says the ship will be docked at the Horizon dock. It looks like we are still parking opposite City. Does anyone know how far it is from ABP to the Horizon cruise terminal? I use a Powerchair and my wife can only walk short distances.
Thanks

Google maps show Horizon terminal is 0.4 of a mile from City terminal. Are you sailing from one and returning to the other? 
ABP control all the car parks within this dock so if you are out/info Horizon they will park you at Horizon 

Horizon is the new terminal built by MSC 

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm assuming we will be returning to the Horizon terminal. 

I phoned ABP and a lady answered and said something about the Anthem using shore power, so it was switched to the Horizon terminal. She said to just go to the car park at City terminal, (Dock gate 8) but the Cruise documents say dock gate 10, so I'm completely confused. Should we get a taxi or cancel the parking and try to get one nearer Horizon terminal? 

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Babynan said:

Anthem using shore power, so it was switched to the Horizon terminal. 

That is correct,  Captain  Toni informed  us  that Southampton  requires  the ship to be connected to shore side power and the only terminal that has the capability  is the Horizon terminal 

Gate 8 and gate 10  are connected  by the road next to the car parks

Last cruise we drove  in gate 8 and left  via gate 10

Edited by sowhat

We are on Anthem now and we sailed out of the City Terminal and returning we will dock at the Horizon, Someone on our roll call who was knowledgeable posted that they were very close to each other, we were just letting people know in case they had a car service picking them up, it would be at Horizon. BTW we have been lucky with great weather and calm seas, the captain is awesome, the cruise director is very funny- we like her a lot, the Windjammer is incredible- we've sailed a lot of RCCL and even the new Icon could not match this Windjammer for flavor and selection. Dinner there on formal night was so amazing we have abandoned the main dining room. Super nice staff everywhere. The one new surprise was that on this ship they do require closed toed shoes for the bumper cars, reservations for roller skating and laser tag, and we had no problem booking North Star for our port day in Stavanger which we really enjoyed. (we booked it the night before, bookings open up at 8pm). Have a great cruise everyone!

Last month we went from Anthem to NCL Prima, which was at Horizon terminal. We were worried about the walk, but we each loaded our suitcases on a free trolley, took our time, and was at Horizon terminal in ten minutes. Very easy walk between terminals. 

City Terminal and Horizon terminal are adjacent to each other. I would say still walkable from the Holiday Inn.

@Babynan, have you booked disabled parking through ABP, if so they will no doubt direct you to parking nearest the terminal. 
I would follow the directions on the printout that ABP have sent you, as to which gate to enter, rather than what it says on the cruise documents. When you arrive at the entrance, you can ask one of the parking stewards, who can advise. On departure, your luggage will be collected from the car park, so just yourselves to get to the terminal. Do you need your wife to help you out of the car? If not, perhaps you could drop her outside the terminal and drive back to the car park?

If you haven’t, I’d try and book disabled parking, but I’d do that by phone, as ABP, who run the parking for both City and Horizon Terminals, will be able to just transfer your booking without you having to cancel one and rebook. The bookings relate to your ship, rather than the terminal, so you will be directed to the correct car park on the day. 
I too was confused, as our cruise documents said Gate 10, but the paper to display in the windscreen said Gate 8. So we went in through Gate 8 and were parked with all the other cars for our sailing, no problem. The parking people were very friendly and helpful, so I wouldn’t worry, they’ll make sure you are in the right place!

Thanks very much for for your information. That's a great help. I can get in and out of the car okay, I'm more concerned that my wife can't walk very far due to arthritis. My stress levels have been going through the roof over this. Thanks again 

I am on the Anthem and will be disembarking today.  The captain announced late last night that due to wind and weather issues, our return to Southampton will be delayed somewhat (docking scheduled at 7:30), and we will be returning to City Terminal, not Horizon as originally planned.