Poop of the Seas

3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Is there a sign stating that non-potty trained kids are excluded from these pools?  Because on the ship, it is not just a "rule", it is a USPH/CDC requirement for ships that call at US ports, but it only applies to the ship.  USPH/CDC has no jurisdiction over an island in the Bahamas, so if Bahamian law says it is okay, and there is no posted rule by RCI, then it is okay.  Similarly, the EU has the "ShipSan" sanitation program for cruise ships, very similar to the USPH/CDC VSP, but it makes no differentiation for kids in swim diapers.

I have not inspected the posted signage on CocoCay but I have seen a note in the Cruise Compass that swim diapers are required in the pools and Spashaway Bay on CocoCay.

We sailed on Oasis in May around the Med and sat by the pool surf side when a couple got in the pool with two children one had a swim nappy (diaper) on and the life guard asked them to take the child out. The husband started to argue ( in Spanish) then the wife did, the wife took the child out eventually but then came back with the child minus yes you guessed it the nappy. The life guard gave up. A lady was swimming and got out due to this and the pool supervisor was called again he asked them to get out. They started arguing and the couple just did not understand or want to understand the rules and tried everything to get their own way but it seems that confronting guests is not an RCCL way. Some people just don't care and are not worried that others are on holiday as well. 

• Like 2

I agree with last poster.   I also  think there is some sort of sign at the Beach  Club, but adhering to the rules seemed  very subjective when I have been there.   I still am going back in November  but  I usually try to get there very early- the pool is wonderful then.  I probably would like  Hideaway, but  I like the amenities at the Beach Club, and  it is still a lot less than a cabana at Hideaway.    

I just got off Icon 6/15 thru 6/22 sailing.  Almost everyday the main pool closed due to vomit or Pooh from a child…or cloud 17 pool.  Once this happens it causes as overload to all pools (except small Adult only pool) which is for 18 plus which is not the case as there were many younger adults 16 plus hogging hot tubs.  

We did complain to staff, front desk, etc. about pool closures. 

One of the problems are the main pool should be limited to 7 plus years, not toddlers…isn’t that what surf side pool is for?  

Even then there should be more than one “adults only pool” for a ship this size.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Orange jeep said:

I just got off Icon 6/15 thru 6/22 sailing.  Almost everyday the main pool closed due to vomit or Pooh from a child…or cloud 17 pool.  Once this happens it causes as overload to all pools (except small Adult only pool) which is for 18 plus which is not the case as there were many younger adults 16 plus hogging hot tubs.  

Your observations align with my experience on the Vision this April when the main and only all age pool is closed for any reason. The four remaining hot tubs become a shoulder to shoulder pool with almost all occupants under 10 years old. Any sane adult abandons the tub and I find very few adults directly supervising any children (when I had my young children in any pool, my wife or I were in the pool or readily available watching them).

I could not even fathom cruising this ship in the summer with an advertised "Kids Sail Free" promotion.

Any experienced cruiser would have no pity for me as they would say, "What were you thinking?"

Royal should enforce their rules but I am not going to try and enforce the rules for them in what is an overwhelming situation that rears its ugly head on a repetitive basis.

• Like 1

We took a year off cruising and instead did an AI (for half the price of our 2023 cruise) in Punta Cana, DR this past winter. None of the pools were closed during the week and even if they were it wouldn't have mattered because our daughters much preferred swimming in the ocean and playing on the beach. It was one of the "Finest" family vacations we've ever had. 

We love the Oasis class ships but I feel ICON maybe proves that there is such a thing as too big.......it is certainly too expensive anyway. 

• Like 3