American Airlines no longer an option to book through Flight Ease

21 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

Have to agree with you but there are more restaurants in DFW area and easier to get to the airport.

The airports are my primary reason for staying😁. The world is at my doorstep

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gsel said:

I was born and raised about 40 miles north of Tyler. Still drive from southern Oklahoma to Tyler airport. Very easy to get to DFW from there.

Going to Broken Bow next month. Quick getaway. 

7 hours ago, Auburn Traveler said:

@Laminator, well are going to have to agree to disagree.  I have booked many flights through FE where there is code sharing and it was always the main carrier who helped us out and let us know about changes.  It was only through booking with AA and their code share of JAL where we had the issue.  Because we had booked AA and JAL was the code share, American told us because we had booked with a 3rd party it was up to them to issue the correct tix.  This was such BS and in my personal opinion not good customer service.Thank god, JAL worked with FE.  

I can tell you that I know of numerous cases mine included that all of the airlines are the same when a flight is booked through Flight Ease, HAL's Flight Ease is a third party carrier and all changes must go through them. I can also tell you I know of numerous problems caused by Flight Ease and not the airline. Flight Ease will quickly tell you it is the airline when in fact it is NOT. Those who have status with an airline can often get the airline to help but if not you must go through Flight Ease.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I can tell you that I know of numerous cases mine included that all of the airlines are the same when a flight is booked through Flight Ease, HAL's Flight Ease is a third party carrier and all changes must go through them. I can also tell you I know of numerous problems caused by Flight Ease and not the airline. Flight Ease will quickly tell you it is the airline when in fact it is NOT. Those who have status with an airline can often get the airline to help but if not you must go through Flight Ease.

Like I said before agree to disagree. Never had any problem until we booked with AA and we have used delta and united and they had a code sharing partner. 

On 6/27/2024 at 7:53 AM, terrydtx said:

Once ticketed I have never not been able to call AA and get changes made after flight changes made by AA, didn't matter if I booked direct or with a cruise line as 3rd party.  Since the 30-minute connection is not legal, AA has no choice but to make changes at no cost to you. Last year AA made changes to our Flights to Amsterdam that got us there after our cruise was scheduled to leave, 2 days after our original arrival date.

The AA changes this month were the 4th change since we were ticketed in April, but the latest was the first that gave us unacceptable connections. I also have found that AA customer service has vastly improved when calling them directly over a few years ago. The last time I called I only had to wait for a live CS rep less than 10 minutes. BTW, you may know this, but AA makes the majority of their flight changes on Sunday mornings. First thing I do when I get up on Sundays, is check my flights with AA.

I have learned to visit and enjoy airport lounges when I travel, so my connections are typically over 2 hours if the airport has a decent lounge.  A benefit of this, besides the lounge, is that I am not bothered by a minor flight change and I am much better able to tolerate extended flight delays.  You can get into good lounges with a premium travel credit card, even if you are flying economy.  I used to think that paying several hundred dollars a year for a premium travel credit card was nuts, but now I think otherwise.

Most people regard airports as a necessary evil.  My approach is to make the airport experience less stressful, even enjoyable, with amenities like TSA PreCheck and the Capital One lounges.  I've been known to book my flights according to the lounge locations!  🙂

Having said that, I will admit that some lounges are better than others.

igraf

• Like 2

1 hour ago, igraf said:

I have learned to visit and enjoy airport lounges when I travel, so my connections are typically over 2 hours if the airport has a decent lounge.  A benefit of this, besides the lounge, is that I am not bothered by a minor flight change and I am much better able to tolerate extended flight delays.  You can get into good lounges with a premium travel credit card, even if you are flying economy.  I used to think that paying several hundred dollars a year for a premium travel credit card was nuts, but now I think otherwise.

Most people regard airports as a necessary evil.  My approach is to make the airport experience less stressful, even enjoyable, with amenities like TSA PreCheck and the Capital One lounges.  I've been known to book my flights according to the lounge locations!  🙂

Having said that, I will admit that some lounges are better than others.

igraf

I do the same as you now, between my Executive AA card and my Venture X we are pretty much covered for flights we take. This past Sunday we had a late flight out of SeaTac with Alaska Air but since we had the AA Executive card we had full access to American Airlines Lounge, we were in there at 10:30 in the morning and left to go to the gate at 4:10. The Lounge was quite nice, and food and snacks excellent. I like the long lay overs to be able to enjoy the lounge and relax. I no longer worry about booking a late flight that is normally less money. We also book flights based on the Lounge access 😁

• Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 1:23 PM, Gsel said:

I am booked with Flight Ease in November. I booked at least three months ago. I received a email last month saying if I wanted my AA miles I had to let them go ahead and ticket the flights which I did. Guess this was before the rescinded the rule.  I am now ticketed on flights I really don't want and would cost almost $1000 to change.  I have a 30 minute layover at DFW!

good luck with your flights and enjoy the cruise your headed too