2 nighter in YC - a few questions

HolsAddict

We are on a 2 night taster cruise on Virtuosa next week, our 1st cruise with MSC.

We're in Yacht Club and our check in time says it opens at 12.00. Am I right that we can check in earlier that this as in YC?

Can we also assume there isn't any sort of gala night on such a short cruise?

TIA

3 hours ago, HolsAddict said:

We are on a 2 night taster cruise on Virtuosa next week, our 1st cruise with MSC.

We're in Yacht Club and our check in time says it opens at 12.00. Am I right that we can check in earlier that this as in YC?

TIA

I didn’t know they had 2 day cruises! Our check in time said 3pm we were on board by 10:30. It does depend on how soon they get clearance and get the people leaving off.

3 hours ago, HolsAddict said:

TIA

I would say you will 'probably' be able to get on at some point after 10.30am, paperwork does say you may not be able to board if you don't turn up at your allotted time but I have never personally heard this ever happen to anyone. 

36 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

I didn’t know they had 2 day cruises! Our check in time said 3pm we were on board by 10:30. It does depend on how soon they get clearance and get the people leaving off.

It's from Southampton to Le Havre in France and back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mommapadraig said:

I didn’t know they had 2 day cruises!

The ships rarely stay in port overnight, like planes they are only earning when they are moving. Even a one day, no port cruise can occur in some jurisidications.

2 hours ago, mat5664 said:

Am on the same cruise in YC and we have 10am check in, so not sure why you have 12pm,.

We board on the 29/06 for a 5 nighter in YC, our check in opens 14.00.

We are planning to get there about 11am

6 hours ago, mat5664 said:

Am on the same cruise in YC and we have 10am check in, so not sure why you have 12pm,.

They stagger check in times to try to keep everything flowing. You can, however, board at your leisure in YC.

YC guests do not need to pay attention to check-in time on Boarding Pass, as @Morgsmom said you “board at your leisure.”

On 6/25/2024 at 4:52 AM, HolsAddict said: