Using TA Onboad Credit for Speciality Dining and Tours

My TA has been generous with onboard credits but, of course, I can.t use them until I:m onboard the ship.  Has anyone had experience booking speciality restaurants and tours befor sailing (on credit card) and then converting payment to onboard credit once they were on the ship?  How did you do it and were there any problems with Princess, doing this?

• Like 1

It is more than likely that you will not be refunded to your credit card, but given more OBC.  I don't recall for sure if is refundable or non-refundable.  My guess is refundable OBC. My takeon this kind of situation is reserving these in advance is just buying your own OBC.  It's a tough spot, because specialty dining slots and excursions do sell out due to folks buying in advance.

• Like 1

There is a reason it is called “On Board Credit “. You are not yet on board. The only ONC I am able to use pre cruise is for excursions

The OBC I got from the 3 day sale was available to use to book excursions right after I booked.  It cannot be used for anything else until I board the ship.

Look at it like this...

This is the same as buying an item at a store, then a month or 2 later taking it back to the store and asking them to refund your card so you can pay for it using another method. You're not going to get that refunded unless you cancel the item...which is certainly possible but you may not be able to re-purchase at that point.