Contact Cruise Director Prior?

LexK

This site states "please book your tours directly with your cruise line.  Dive Dominica is not able to offer you reservations directly".

I'll be on Celebrity Summit 10/26 leaving San Juan Puerto Rico

I looked on the website, but couldn't find a way. Do I just call the 800 number?

Thoughts appreciated.

32 minutes ago, LexK said:

This site states "please book your tours directly with your cruise line.  Dive Dominica is not able to offer you reservations directly".

I looked on the website, but couldn't find a way. Do I just call the 800 number?

Thoughts appreciated.

I don’t know why you’d contact the cruise director. 

Log into celebrity , then find the shore excursions and book. It won’t tell you the third party that is handling the shore excursion but you should be able to figure it out based on the description of the tour. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LexK said:

Thoughts appreciated.

As expressed by others, it looks like the  Dive Dominica folks sell through the cruise lines and not directly, so your best (only) option for their tour is to "manage your reservation" and check through the available excursions that are taking place on the Summit.  Find the Dive Dominica one (matching the description as much as possible) and reserve that on-line.

For excursions, on board (or even off), the Excursions desk (in the lobby area) is generally who you're going to deal with, not the Cruise Director who is an officer level person with a whole heck of a lot of responsibilities that don't include the being down in the weeds.  

You can, though, always call the 800 number for Celebrity and work through them.  The web is easier, the app is easier, but the phone number is an option.  Often, for us, that's a last resort since you don't want to wait on hold, etc..

Edited by Tom and Ingrid
  • Like 1

In the celebrity app, all the shore excursions offered for your sailing will be visible. Celebrity may or may not be offering the particular one you are looking for with the dive company you linked to. They also won’t tell you which company offers which tours. If you call and tell them you want to book Dominica Dive or whatever - they won’t know what you mean. They hide the company name and make up cute names. 🙂 good luck!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all for the thoughts. The Celebrity Summit (see Roll Call here ) doesn't appear to offer diving. Celebrity states "Docking 8:00 am". A dive company about 5 minutes by car (15 minutes with traffic) away says "8:15a arrival, 8:30a Departure". They are not asking for deposit. What would you do?

1 hour ago, LexK said:

Thanks to all for the thoughts. The Celebrity Summit (see Roll Call here ) doesn't appear to offer diving. Celebrity states "Docking 8:00 am". A dive company about 5 minutes by car (15 minutes with traffic) away says "8:15a arrival, 8:30a Departure". They are not asking for deposit. What would you do?

If you are booking the tour directly with Celebrity tours, you don’t need to worry about start and end time, Celebrity handles all of that for you.

It's possible that a dive excursion may have been offered at first, and once capacity was reached, was removed from the excursion list. Or the excursion provider and the cruise line parted ways. In any event, it looks like you need to book your own dive, directly with a local provider. Contact them by email and discuss your specific needs. You will need to allow ample time to disembark the ship and get to the dive shop or boat. And to also allow ample time to return to the ship well before the All Aboard time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mom says said:

It's possible that a dive excursion may have been offered at first, and once capacity was reached, was removed from the excursion list. Or the excursion provider and the cruise line parted ways. In any event, it looks like you need to book your own dive, directly with a local provider. Contact them by email and discuss your specific needs. You will need to allow ample time to disembark the ship and get to the dive shop or boat. And to also allow ample time to return to the ship well before the All Aboard time. 

Exactly this.  If I do a non-Celebrity excursion, I never do the full day option, that's just cutting it to close.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LexK said:

Email both dive companies separately, and say something along the lines of (you're welcome to copy and paste and update the info):

"We're two adult certified divers with recent dives arriving by the Celebrity Summit cruise ship on Oct 26 at 8 am.  They are NOT offering diving tours through the ship:
1) With the ship's 8am arrival time, are we able to dive with you?
2) If yes we can dive with you, do you offer transportation, and if not, recommend we take a taxi?
3) If no we cannot dive with you, would you be able to recommend any other diving operators?"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Email both dive companies separately, and say something along the lines of (you're welcome to copy and paste and update the info):

"We're two adult certified divers with recent dives arriving by the Celebrity Summit cruise ship on Oct 26 at 8 am.  They are NOT offering diving tours through the ship:
1) With the ship's 8am arrival time, are we able to dive with you?
2) If yes we can dive with you, do you offer transportation, and if not, recommend we take a taxi?
3) If no we cannot dive with you, would you be able to recommend any other diving operators?"

Thank you NutsAboutGolf!!

• Thanks 1