Cruise Terminal to BCN - Risky?

Hello

I know that this has been discussed before, but any recent Barcelona Cruise Terminal disembarks that had non-Schengen flights same day?

I am trying to make a 11:15am to US flight out of BCN and wondering how risky that flight time really is. I plan to walk off with the earliest group possible and pre-book transportation (if necessary). Cruise line itinerary shows ship arriving at 5am, but know that nobody will be off the ship anywhere near that time.

Thank you 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bask said:

I plan to walk off with the earliest group possible

the usual pre-flight airport arrival time for flights like these is three hours.

as long as you are happy to carry your own luggage off the ship, you could self disembark once the ship has been cleared.

Edited by edinburgher

Two months ago we disembarked through Barcelona.  If I remember correctly the first luggage tags had a time of 5:45 am, which may have been a tour or NCL bus, not sure.  Either way, it was by far the earliest times I have ever seen on my cruises.  You will be fine.  We did the NCL transfer for a 12:15 flight and had plenty of time to wait for luggage, spend lots of time in line at the airport and still enjoy a nice lunch and a quick nap before boarding.  

On 6/27/2024 at 2:12 PM, Bask said:

Hello

I know that this has been discussed before, but any recent Barcelona Cruise Terminal disembarks that had non-Schengen flights same day?

I am trying to make a 11:15am to US flight out of BCN and wondering how risky that flight time really is. I plan to walk off with the earliest group possible and pre-book transportation (if necessary). Cruise line itinerary shows ship arriving at 5am, but know that nobody will be off the ship anywhere near that time.

Thank you 

Do not worry at all!!

agree, you'll be fine. we made a 1030am flight in 2022 when covid protocols were still in place. get off with first available group and head right out. plenty of taxis will be there and luckily the airport is not far and that early there's very little traffic.

Agree with all of the above.  In May of this year we debarked our ship at 8:00 am (self carried luggage), facial recognition at the terminal made the process a breeze, immediately got a taxi (no need to pre-book), and were at the airport in about 20 minutes.  We were easily there before 9:00 am.  Our flight to Paris was not until 1:00 pm, so we ended up having to wait around since the Vueling check-in desk was not open yet.