Dogs On the Shadow

KY Deb

In favor of certain pigs in airline lounges but not others, pigs with 4 trotters don’t holler into their cellphones in the lounge for everyone else to hear. Apparently they are smart enough to know better. Maybe it’s an evolutionary thing?

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 3:27 PM, Tothesunset said:

To be honest, if it were a choice between fellow passengers bringing their dogs or their children I'd go for the dogs. 

Dogs don't:

1. Carry norovirus, covid, measles, TB etc

2. Run around unsupervised. 

3. Burst into tears and have a paddy if they don't get their ice cream RIGHT NOW. 

4. Bomb into the pool (or pee in it for that matter) 

5. Hog the ping pong table/pool 

I could go on. In fact, I will:

6. Eat chips/chocolate/sweets all day

7. Leave smears from 6 above on furnishings

8. Whinge plaintively and loudly that they are too hot, too cold, hungry, thirsty, feel sick. 

9. Make you wonder where their parents are

10. Make you wonder how 10 million years of evolution has passed some people by. 

Exactly.  Can’t imagine why anyone would chose to be a kid. I skipped right over those years.  I sure most on here did too judging by the comments. 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In 12+ years and 15+ cruises I have never seen service animals on a Silversea ship.  I have seen them on Holland America and Celebrity cruises.  The two most unusual were a service cat and a service bird.  I did talk to the service cat owner and, if they are to be believed, the cat was a very large Maine Coon cat, like 45 pounds, who was especially trained to monitor her breathing at night.  Didn’t talk to the service bird owner so not sure exactly what support they got from the bird.  It was very popular with other passengers.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

In 12+ years and 15+ cruises I have never seen service animals on a Silversea ship.  I have seen them on Holland America and Celebrity cruises.  The two most unusual were a service cat and a service bird.  I did talk to the service cat owner and, if they are to be believed, the cat was a very large Maine Coon cat, like 45 pounds, who was especially trained to monitor her breathing at night.  Didn’t talk to the service bird owner so not sure exactly what support they got from the bird.  It was very popular with other passengers.  

Should have asked the parrot directly! 🙂

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently on Shadow.

Sitting in Atrium, in walked what I assume are the two dogs from the prior sailing.  With two owners.  Surreptitious photo, with owner's face cropped out.  To protect the guilty.

DOG.jpg

7 hours ago, AveSaloon said:

Currently on Shadow.

Sitting in Atrium, in walked what I assume are the two dogs from the prior sailing.  With two owners.  Surreptitious photo, with owner's face cropped out.  To protect the guilty.

DOG.jpg

I would have thought the dogs would have had to be wearing offical 'assistance animal' jackets to identify them as such. Although this is onboard it is an area where the owners come into contact with other members of the public therefore the dogs should be correctly identified if they are assistance or service animals (there is a difference in the role they play between the two I think).

On a slightly different point, I wonder if anyone on either trips had made a complaint and if so what the response was. Certainly if I was allergic to dog hair I would think I would be within my rights to do so. Silversea should have robust rules to ensure that any service animal is correctly accredited by a proper third party.

Edited by Aussieflyer