Queen Anne - Entertainment

buchanan101

50 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

They’ve shown one, once, early

I was surprised to see they only had a 4pm and 8pm performance. 

On the previous trips it was 4pm, 8pm and 10:15pm.

It might be worth noting they’ve started to show movies in the theatre too, some at night. Unsure if this is new for this voyage or they trialed it on the 2 we haven’t been on.

@buchanan101, which play did they do? I know that there was a problem with Pride and Prejudice on early cruises because one of the cast members was ill or injured. On the Around Britain, one of the guest celebrities (no, not Ms Imrie) volunteered to step in, so I did get to see both P&P and Brief Encounter. 

Movies in the theater is a surprise. I thought they would continue to show those in the Pavillion. 

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

@buchanan101, which play did they do? I know that there was a problem with Pride and Prejudice on early cruises because one of the cast members was ill or injured. On the Around Britain, one of the guest celebrities (no, not Ms Imrie) volunteered to step in, so I did get to see both P&P and Brief Encounter. 

Movies in the theater is a surprise. I thought they would continue to show those in the Pavillion. 

They did P&P sort of. Just surprised only on one night early on. What do the actors do for the rest of the week? 

Pavilion has had Euros. And screenings of concerts - tonight Queen/Adam Lambert, but we’ve seen that concert in the flesh. 

Brief Encounter was staged on all 3 first cruises, P&P was not staged on the first cruise, it was cancelled on the 2nd cruise due to a cast member's injury and on the 3rd cruise they had to substitute another actress due to illness. Each play was only put on on one day of each cruise, and there were 3 performances scheduled for each one on that day. I do hope you get to see Brief Encounter, I really enjoyed it. P&P not so much, but that may be because the only performance I saw was the first one, and they may have been better by the Mediterranean cruise.

1 hour ago, safarigal said:

Brief Encounter was staged on all 3 first cruises, P&P was not staged on the first cruise, it was cancelled on the 2nd cruise due to a cast member's injury and on the 3rd cruise they had to substitute another actress due to illness. Each play was only put on on one day of each cruise, and there were 3 performances scheduled for each one on that day. I do hope you get to see Brief Encounter, I really enjoyed it. P&P not so much, but that may be because the only performance I saw was the first one, and they may have been better by the Mediterranean cruise.

P&P was confusing because all the performers were women and they looked very much alike. The only way I could keep track of who was who was by the costumes. Kudos for music choice though, especially Elizabeth singing "You're so Vain" about Darcy. 

• Like 2