Sun Princess Cabana Deck Cabins

suzyed

I was just looking at the Sun Princess Cabana Deck Cabins and I notices that it states "Enjoy suite upgrades and benefits."  What are they referring to? I have also seen them described as "Reserve Mini suites"   Are they? And what are the suite upgrades and benefits that they are referring to.

There has been a lot of confusion about the changes over the SANCTUARY CLUB CLASS.  This goes into effect on sailings beginning Oct. 14.

I am not sure that fine print should be showing there. 

The deck plans, which have been being worked on, it seems, show this phrase on every one of the cabins on Deck 9.    But, does not seem to be correct.

Notice that SANCTUARY Mini-suites cost a LOT more.

When looking at the categories for future cruises,  I do not see any selections for a Cabana Deck cabin.  (these are on Deck 9) that is a suite or sanctuary club class.

There are SANCTUARY Mini-Suites that do have have access to the Sanctuary and other benefits of the new SANCTUARY CLASS.   But, I don't think these are Cabana Mini-Suites or Cabana Deck Mini-Suites.  These are not on Deck 9, and as mentioned, you would pay more for that category.

Edited by Wishing on a star

11 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

There has been a lot of confusion about the changes over the SANCTUARY CLUB CLASS.  This goes into effect on sailings beginning Oct. 14.

I am not sure that fine print should be showing there. 

The deck plans, which have been being worked on, it seems, show this phrase on every one of the cabins on Deck 9.    But, does not seem to be correct.

Notice that SANCTUARY Mini-suites cost a LOT more.

When looking at the categories for future cruises,  I do not see any selections for a Cabana Deck cabin.  (these are on Deck 9) that is a suite or sanctuary club class.

There are SANCTUARY Mini-Suites that do have have access to the Sanctuary and other benefits of the new SANCTUARY CLASS.   But, I don't think these are Cabana Mini-Suites or Cabana Deck Mini-Suites.  These are not on Deck 9, and as mentioned, you would pay more for that category.

I get that...but when choosing a cabin on the Cabana Deck Mini it states "Enjoy suite upgrades and benefits".  Trying to discern what they mean by that?

8 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I get that...but when choosing a cabin on the Cabana Deck Mini it states "Enjoy suite upgrades and benefits".  Trying to discern what they mean by that?

That seems to be a glitch or mistake. There are no suite benefits to C1 or C2 Cabana Deck mini suites, either before or after the change. There is, until October, access to the Reserve Dining Room, formerly known as Club Class on older ships. 

23 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

That seems to be a glitch or mistake. There are no suite benefits to C1 or C2 Cabana Deck mini suites, either before or after the change. There is, until October, access to the Reserve Dining Room, formerly known as Club Class on older ships. 

On our app it tells us to "Enjoy Reserve Collection Dining. There's no reservation necessary for select main dining rooms".  We don't sail until 2026....I suppose we will have to watch and see if that disappears come October.

2 minutes ago, suzyed said:

On our app it tells us to "Enjoy Reserve Collection Dining. There's no reservation necessary for select main dining rooms".  We don't sail until 2026....I suppose we will have to watch and see if that disappears come October.

When did you book? There are some grandfathered reservations for those who booked those mini suites for sailings after October, but I don’t know when the cutoff date was. 

When are you cruising, and when did you book???

As you might be starting to understand, there have been major changes going on,  by Princess.

The full changeover will be on Oct. 14.

Prior to Oct. 14, there WERE 'reserve' dining benefits to some cabins.

I assume that Princess does have to honor that, by doing what the above post calls 'grandfathered' in.

But the whole RESERVE thing is pretty much gone.

When you booked and when you sail are what determines whether you get RESERVE or not.

I also see this phrase about "enjoy...." as a big error or glitch.

Especially with all of the changes going on.

It definitely does not apply if sailing before Oct. 14.

You can call Princess, or your TA.

But, even if that phrase is there, it seems obvious that there is NO category that would be SANCTUARY Cabana Deck Mini-Suite.

This booking category would have to exist, and would also cost a lot more, for that phrase to begin to be valid.

Edited by Wishing on a star

The info you are receiving is correct. I booked my C1 before April, when the changes were made. (I cruise in Jan of 25). At the time, it included the reserve dining.  When the change was made, it was made clear that the cabana cabins would no longer have access to the reserve dining room. However, if you booked before the change, it would honor . This is what my Travel summary shows to say I am grandfathered in.

image.png.5c200f889c7a91d8a55d721571d8ab01.png

Edited by FLAlaska

8 hours ago, vjmatty said:

When did you book? There are some grandfathered reservations for those who booked those mini suites for sailings after October, but I don’t know when the cutoff date was. 

I booked it on my phone a few weeks ago while we were in the Sanctuary on the Enchanted.

7 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

The info you are receiving is correct. I booked my C1 before April, when the changes were made. (I cruise in Jan of 25). At the time, it included the reserve dining.  When the change was made, it was made clear that the cabana cabins would no longer have access to the reserve dining room. However, if you booked before the change, it would honor . This is what my Travel summary shows to say I am grandfathered in.

image.png.5c200f889c7a91d8a55d721571d8ab01.png

Mine wasn't booked until around June 10th..

The new Sanctuary Club Class or Collection was announced well before you booked.

New deck plans with the new Stateroom Categories were announced.

These would have been the deck plans that were referenced when you booked.

Are you sailing before the October 14 (U.S. inaugural) sailing, or after?

I can see how you are confused.  This has all been VERY confusing.

I do not know which cabins were RESERVE.   (Which of course no longer exists)

Were you understanding that you were booked in a RESERVE cabin?

If so, this means you have a nicer dining experience available to you than the Main Dining Room as the major perk.    If your cabin WAS 'reserve', your booking should show that you do retain that perk.

It looks like Princess will be changing all of these restaurants and dining venues around, before Oct. 14.  Perhaps this means that the Sanctuary/Suite Dining. (Deck 8 of the three level Main Dining Room) would be available to you, if you had booked RESERVE.

Look at all the information you have on your booking, email confirmations, printed copies, etc...

And pull up your booking online.

If you are still unsure, call your TA or Princess.

Again, it seems that this phrase you are noticing on stateroom descriptions is a glitch, a Princess error.   As these cabins are not SANCTUARY COLLECTION cabins.

NOTE:  Only Suites and Sanctuary Collection Cabins will have access to the sanctuary area, beginning Oct. 14.  As this is now reserved for these cabins.  Like is commonly called a ship-within-a ship concept.