Great Service from Aon

I purchased the Aon insurance through Princess when booking my cruise. I also purchased my airline tickets through Princess. After my cruise, I had an early evening flight from LaGuardia, connecting in Philadelphia for my flight home. Well, thunderstorms shut down LaGuardia for about an hour. My flight took off an hour late, but we were nearly two hours late getting to Philadelphia because of the backed up number of planes leaving LaGuardia. I missed my flight home.

Because the delay was caused by weather, American Airlines did not have to offer anything--and didn't--other than rebooking me on a flight the next afternoon. It was late, I was tired, so I decided to stay at the Marriott connected to the airport. It was expensive. I ate an inexpensive breakfast the next morning and a good lunch while waiting for my rescheduled flight.

After getting home, I started the insurance claim with Aon for the delay. I heard back the next day, saying that my claim was being processed. By the end of the week, the money to reimburse me for my hotel and my two meals was in my bank account. It was very easy to deal with Aon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had previously dealt with Aon when canceling another cruise in 2022 when we found out DH has cancer. That claim was a little bit more difficult because of having to get some forms filled out by his oncologist. Nevertheless, Aon came through and paid that claim within a week of my sending in the final forms.