RC or Carnival for a family with kids?

I checked prices for 7 night cruises and they are really good this fall. Thinking of taking my family. Which would be better for a family of 4 with an 8 year old and 10 year old? Looking for the kids to have a lot of fun. 

1 hour ago, BabyDntGotBack said:

I checked prices for 7 night cruises and they are really good this fall. Thinking of taking my family. Which would be better for a family of 4 with an 8 year old and 10 year old? Looking for the kids to have a lot of fun. 

This is really a question that would be better asked on the respective boards of each line or most likely under the "Family Cruising" forum in special interests. 

That being said my personal opinion is that they are Pepsi and Coke of the budget cruising lines and really will most likely come down to if you find any particular ship, itinerary, or features on a ship more interesting than the other. 

• Like 1

We have taken family on both lines and it all comes down to the ship and not the lines.  Nothing can really compare to the Oasis class ships for kid stuff.  Have you looked at NCL?  They include drink packages and other stuff you pay for on other lines, which can lower the overall cost.  

Out of San Pedro/Long Beach? I'd prefer NCL. It depends on the ship too. There are Carnival ships I like and ones I don't out of San Pedro/Long Beach.

If you are talking Florida, RCCL or NCL.