QA - 2 quick questions

Queenvee

16 minutes ago, Queenvee said:

Does anyone know if there are dance hosts on QA?  And, since it's a new ship, are there US and UK version electrical outlets in the cabin?  (for charging phones). Thanks very much!

There are several YouTube videos from vloggers of the various grades of cabin/suite. They all show US, UK and EU power sockets, plus USB-A and USB-C outlets.

The USBs are usually either side of bed and above the desk.

There is one Male Professional ( without lady partner - she is expected to join him on a later itinerary) 

The professional is responsible for the midday dance lessons , occasionally he will turn up in the evenings when the 'so called Queens Room' is not being used for entertainers .

Don't hold out on Ballroom dancing every evening,  Ballroom dancers are being constantly told  "QA is focusing on a different Vibe " ! 

I do have to laugh every time I hear  "Younger Customers".  Since  UK Strictly ( dancing with the stars -US version)  Ballroom/Latin dancing has taken off big time with Gen Z ( 20/30 somethings)  Dance schools are opening up all over the Uk , my own dance studio is now overbooked with 19/20 year olds. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

There is one Male Professional ( without lady partner - she is expected to join him on a later itinerary) 

The professional is responsible for the midday dance lessons , occasionally he will turn up in the evenings when the 'so called Queens Room' is not being used for entertainers .

Don't hold out on Ballroom dancing every evening,  Ballroom dancers are being constantly told  "QA is focusing on a different Vibe " ! 

I do have to laugh every time I hear  "Younger Customers".  Since  UK Strictly ( dancing with the stars -US version)  Ballroom/Latin dancing has taken off big time with Gen Z ( 20/30 somethings)  Dance schools are opening up all over the Uk , my own dance studio is now overbooked with 19/20 year olds. 

Me too especially when referring to a supposed target passenger profile for QA.

On our May cruise, the one after yours, the average age profile was the highest I think I've ever come across on a Cunard ship and that includes Round Britain trips where snoozathons with occasional snoring is a valued afternoon pastime in many public areas. Definitely the highest number of mobility challenged passengers too.

I will be interested to see how this progresses into next year and the year after.

Thanks for the dance info - I won't bother packing my dance shoes!  After dozens of trips on the other Cunard ships, the QA will be an experience.  I understand Cunard is trying to "change their vibe" but suspect they'll change course after a year or so and QA will end up as more of a hybrid product than it is currently.  I understand chasing after younger passengers but the powers that be don't seem to have their finger on the pulse of the affluent under 40's.  We shall see what evolves.

8 hours ago, Queenvee said:

I won't bother packing my dance shoes! 

I've no idea what your dance shoes are like.

My wife's are lighter in weight than her other shoes. Heels are fractionally lower as she can't heel turn in anything over about 3". Provided they're not worn on wet decks they are fine for moving around a ship. And if the opportunity to dance arises you are fully prepared.

• Like 1