Port suggestions: Nassau, Falmouth, Grand Cayman

lfsindiana

We will be on the Celebrity Ascent next January with our 4yo son, ports are Nassau, Falmouth, and Grand Cayman. While we're experienced cruisers, we have not taken a big trip like this yet with our son so I'm anxious to do anything that requires lots of walking, complicated bus routes, etc. We generally haven't done shore excursions in the past but I'm considering it just to make things easier. Also open to private tours. We're traveling with family so there's the possibility we'll have 4 adults + 1 toddler with us. 

Nassau: I'm considering the Pearl Island Beach Break since it's our very first day of the cruise. I'm open to a beach day but want a beach that has facilities, food, etc. I'm hearing mixed things about Junkanoo. I'm open to a private beach club but Margaritaville/Atlantis just seem so expensive. Are there any smaller private beach clubs?

Falmouth: I'm thinking about the dolphin encounter or other ship excursion. Or possibly just staying on the ship. 

Grand Cayman: I've heard suggestions of Seven Mile Beach

Open to any suggestions!

Posted (edited)

Dolphins cove is great but you need a longer port day to reach it. It’s across the street from dunns river falls (not suitable for a 4 year old but your family can slit up if someone really wants to see the falls). Scotchies is a really good chain of jerk chicken.  

tirtle farm is nice brief stop in grand cayman.  Stingrays are great but harder for a 4 year old.l because you are in the open ocean.  Stingray city in Antigua is better for small children (they have a platform you can rest on).   

Edited by kitkat343

I believe we did Red Stripe beach in Falmouth with our then 4 yo and a couple of years later something like with Blue Waters beach club. Wasn't all that blue, but good enough for a beach day.

At Grand Cayman, I'd just go to the beach. That's what we did with our then 4 yo..

We really liked the Blue Lagoon excursion in Nassau. I don't know if they have reopened, but I would definitely do that again if it's open and if it's offered.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2655138-blue-lagoon-stingray-excursion-in-nassau/

I would strongly suggest checking out the ports of call boards. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/35-bahamas/