Butlers

11 minutes ago, CapeLibertyGirl said:

Sorry if this has been discussed but have the Butlers returned to the lineup ? Thought I read on CC they were being reinstalled in May 2024 ? Heading to Bermuda on Eclipse in July in SS.

They are back, we have moved on to loungergate.

• Haha 5

Thank you guess we'll deal with lounges on July cruise have been following the issue on cruise critic.. The worst were the couches on Summit after the refurbishing ? We love sitting on the balcony and are not looking forward to the challenge of fighting for the loungers. We sail Royal a lot and never an  issue with loungers.

On 6/29/2024 at 6:26 PM, jelayne said:

Yes they are back, however handling more cabins than previously. 

Yes, the butlers are handling more cabins now.  But from my observations and experience, there is always some cabin that thinks "their" butler is for them alone to make a myriad daily demands.  Generally, these folks are very hardworking and will do their best to satisfy you.  However, in my 32 cruises in suites, service has not been instantaneous and patience is a virtue.😄

• Like 1

I can tell you from actual experience there are ways to get your needs met without being demanding (as some folks are).

I have found that if you make yourself a list of your needs or wants ahead of time and let the Butler know these items at the time of introductions, life is great.

For instance, upon initial encounter we let him know that we would like to have ice twice a day and to keep wine chilled.  We would like regular coke and sprite along with bottled water in the frig.  We would like daily cheese/fruit plate.   

We have never had any problem with these items and they are automatic after that.

Everything else we might need, reservations, etc. can be handled in the Retreat Lounge.

The Butlers appreciate your giving them advanced notice of wants and needs so they too can plan their time and be helpful to you.

• Like 2

Thanks for the helpful hints from all. We have sailed Summit Suites on many cruises and have found the list is the positive way to handle your needs. We have never been demanding and agree some guests are we've seen it first handed. For the most part all of the Butlers we"ve had have been good and even came to our friends RS one night and spent time with a group of us. On Eclipse end of July and hope to see some we"ve had on prior cruises. Dinner reservations we usually head to specialty restaurants when boarding. We are Elite+(old way) and receive 15% discount speak to the MatreD" and get times we want. The Butlers do appreciate this approach and I feel there always looking out for you when you treat them with the respect,  they deserve that much. 

We have been able to arrange ice with our cabin attendant, as well as water.  

We also agree that providing them with a written not works wonders.  

3 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

I can tell you from actual experience there are ways to get your needs met without being demanding (as some folks are).

I have found that if you make yourself a list of your needs or wants ahead of time and let the Butler know these items at the time of introductions, life is great.

For instance, upon initial encounter we let him know that we would like to have ice twice a day and to keep wine chilled.  We would like regular coke and sprite along with bottled water in the frig.  We would like daily cheese/fruit plate.   

We have never had any problem with these items and they are automatic after that.

Everything else we might need, reservations, etc. can be handled in the Retreat Lounge.

The Butlers appreciate your giving them advanced notice of wants and needs so they too can plan their time and be helpful to you.

100% agree with this.  Though I also think that Celebrity has created some of this expectation mindset with suite customers.  That is not fair to either, but especially for the butlers.

1 hour ago, Liao said:

100% agree with this.  Though I also think that Celebrity has created some of this expectation mindset with suite customers.  That is not fair to either, but especially for the butlers.

Celebrity using descriptions such as “dedicated butler”

or “personal butler” set unrealistic expectations 

But that sounds so much better than a butler shared with 22 other suites. 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

Celebrity using descriptions such as “dedicated butler”

or “personal butler” set unrealistic expectations 

But that sounds so much better than a butler shared with 22 other suites. 😂😂

How much have things changed over recent years?  I *think* our butler would typically service 10 suites on M class (all suites from the PH forward on one side or the other of 6), for example.  The suites are a bit chopped up on S class, so I was never sure where our butler was on those cruises.