Queen Anne Northern Europe & Scandinavia — H416

MylesS

7 hours ago, MylesS said:

Today is off to a great start! With the help of Chris over the last week and especially yesterday, we’ve managed to extend to continue onto Iceland! 

Otherwise a wet and grey day in the North Sea as we make our way back to Southampton. But the confirmation has made my day.

I’ve decided to dedicate tomorrow morning to laundry, as I can’t imagine too many people will be using the facilities.

This will definitely be our last extension however, given after Iceland Queen Anne is going back to the Med, Fjords, and Northern Europe respectively. Along with that, I’ve heard Gregg Wallace will be onboard, whose fan I am not the biggest of (Am I that petty?)

Good luck with laundry!

• Thanks 1

As today continued the weather improved and it ended up being a lovely evening at sea before our return to Southampton.

A very relaxing day today, enjoying some nice company with the adition of some Bingo, which I've never done before but won in the spin the wheel two weeks ago.

We used up our Diamond meal benefit tonight in anticipation for it being reset tomorrow. We opted to go to Aranya again and had yet another fantastic meal.

IMG_6935.thumb.png.2cecc9d49639da03989b3ac9d13ef62a.png

Our extension has been made even easier by the Voyage Sales & (I assume?) House Keeping Manager. Whilst our extension had us booked into a different cabin, our current one was marked as free on the system, so we'll be staying put - no having to pack!
  • Like 8

Up nice and early for our arrival into Southampton in order to watch us pass Queen Mary 2 - but the views from the Sky Bar are beautiful too

IMG_6943.thumb.jpeg.2473e14009ae6a9edb200688e6e3d551.jpegIMG_6949.thumb.jpeg.6b71a136dc024475d80d314b0d93986c.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MylesS said:

As today continued the weather improved and it ended up being a lovely evening at sea before our return to Southampton.

A very relaxing day today, enjoying some nice company with the adition of some Bingo, which I've never done before but won in the spin the wheel two weeks ago.

We used up our Diamond meal benefit tonight in anticipation for it being reset tomorrow. We opted to go to Aranya again and had yet another fantastic meal.

IMG_6935.thumb.png.2cecc9d49639da03989b3ac9d13ef62a.png

Our extension has been made even easier by the Voyage Sales & (I assume?) House Keeping Manager. Whilst our extension had us booked into a different cabin, our current one was marked as free on the system, so we'll be staying put - no having to pack!

Interesting. A bit like us when 'no chance' of buying an upgrade. That was just before we bought one when the cabin we wanted became available. Guess the folk on the long, waitlist missed out on that.😀

I was on this cruise albeit for the last 3 night sector. Overall I really liked QA. 

Only negatives were that the service was somewhat meh in the Britannia restaurant. It wasn't bad, it's just obvious the staff are rushed off their feet and aren't happy to be there. 

And also didn't appreciate the loud announcements every 15 minutes from 0630 on disembarkation day with the immigration arrangements. I get they want everyone out of bed, but if you're letting us stay in the room until 9, I don't want to be woken up so early...

• Like 1