Premier Package Dining Questions

rad798

1: Is the Premier Package really unlimited at the casual dining restaurants. Can you order any food off of the menu or do you have to stick to the prix fixe menu or whatever it is called?

Really wanting to know how Ocean Terrace works with Sushi. Can I order, within reason, unlimited nigiri with the Premier package?

2: It seems almost impossible to book Specialty dining online before the cruise without getting charged. When I get onboard and straighten it out, what type of OBC will they give me? Refundable or Non-refundable? 

• Like 1

Ocean terrace was strict in ordering and wouldn't make any changes on The Sky in December. You  had to order what the designated meal was. 
On The Enchanted in April they allowed you to make changes and order other items rather than just the set menu. 

• Thanks 1

On the Discovery and the Crown, we were able to switch out the set menu a bit with the premier package.  We didn’t ver take advantage, just swapped out an extra appetizer for the dessert and they were fine with that.  I think they will allow you to order within reason.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rad798 said:

1: Is the Premier Package really unlimited at the casual dining restaurants. Can you order any food off of the menu or do you have to stick to the prix fixe menu or whatever it is called?

Really wanting to know how Ocean Terrace works with Sushi. Can I order, within reason, unlimited nigiri with the Premier package?

2: It seems almost impossible to book Specialty dining online before the cruise without getting charged. When I get onboard and straighten it out, what type of OBC will they give me? Refundable or Non-refundable? 

On the royal princess they did not bend at all from the pric fixe menu, even with princess premier.  It was disappointing.  I did eat there a few times though. Alfredo’s let us order anything. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, beltsbear said:

On the royal princess they did not bend at all from the pric fixe menu, even with princess premier.  It was disappointing.  I did eat there a few times though. Alfredo’s let us order anything. 

I would have left what I did not want on the table and then I would’ve went back and ordered what I wanted again. That makes no sense whatsoever. I want to add that I have allergies so dessert is always a nope for me and I do not eat raw fish. The only thing that I would eat there is California rolls and edamame. 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Ocean terrace was strict in ordering and wouldn't make any changes on The Sky in December. You  had to order what the designated meal was. 
On The Enchanted in April they allowed you to make changes and order other items rather than just the set menu. 

Thanks!

We are on Enchanted the end of August. We hope we encounter the same "rules" you had in April.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rad798 said:

Had that problem on the Sun Princess. Had the premier package and booked a specialty restaurant ahead of time and was charged $90, also booked Spellbound and was charged $298 in advance. Neither payment shows up on your onboard folio although Guest Services folk can see it.

We used only the two included specialty restaurant meals and ended up getting the $90 refunded to the folio as refundable credit.

Spellbound was a different story. We attended Spellbound and received the $298 charge on our folio. Used the crew call chat to ask them to remove the charge as we had already prepaid it which they said they'd send it to the Spellbound manager to take care of. Our final folio still had the Spellbound charge and no credit for the prepayment. Fortunately I had kept screenshots of the crew call conversation with Guest Services and I simply disputed the charge with AMEX. Was able to submit the conversation, the prepaid charge (which was also on AMEX) along with the folio (highlighting the charge). AMEX promptly returned the $298. I didn't even bother trying to call Princess Customer Service.

• Thanks 1