Allura - Float Out at Fincantieri Shipyard In Genoa, Italy

WESTEAST

Saw that this a.m. too. Looking forward to her sailing on time and then we can be smiling and happy when it is our turn for our own Inaugural sailing with family and friends on Allura. 
Mauibabes

18 hours ago, Poppie55 said:

I’m so looking forward to sailing on the Allura!😃

I’m looking forward to our cruise on her likewise, but expect no difference between being on her and our Vista cruise. Only the ports are different.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Poppie55 said:

I’m so looking forward to sailing on the Allura!😃

Is there a particular reason?

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I’m looking forward to our cruise on her likewise, but expect no difference between being on her and our Vista cruise. Only the ports are different.

And the sound proofing 

• Haha 1

Though I chuckle that Fincantieri also built the Italian aircraft carrier Cavour and the new Italian helicopter ship Trieste. We parallel parked between the Cavour and a mega-cruise ship at Citivecchia in Nov '23. Woke up and looked out the veranda to see us slowly approaching the Cavour. The Trieste was performing maneuvers and working up off La Spezia the next day. Could clearly see her unique shape in the not-too-far off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well CLO the Allura looks like it is going to be a stunning ship. We almost booked on Viking but the ships photos did not look like anything special (plus wanting full payment a year or more ahead of the cruise). I like the more glamorous look of the Vista/Allura. I also love the beds on Oceania. 
I like that they have added plunge pools to the spa terrace as we used the Spa’s Thalassotherapy pool on our last cruise on the Riviera often and we are looking forward to it on our next cruise in August! I believe they also added a crepe station on the Allura. The layout of Allura Ive looked at on line just presents an environment I can’t wait to enjoy! I also really like the roomy Penthouse suites that will be like the Riviera which have great balconies. Thanks for asking!

• Like 1

We were on the Vista Friends and Family cruise with FDR and there were plenty of items being added to that inevitable “Punch List”. We saw video from the designers of Vista and they too referred to numerous enhancements that would be included on Allura. Remember there were a lot of refinements made to Riviera after Marina’s Inaugural sailings, the Therapy Pool was a big one. 
There are some major soundproofing issues between staterooms and one really bad one with the location of Horizons above the Oceania Suites and the noise level experienced in those very costly suites. I had been told that fix was going to require a stay in the Fincantierri ship yard to remedy. I am sure they will Take Care of Business. 

We too are booked on Allura and our cruise is just over a year off, 👍🤪🤞🙏🛳️🥂❤️😇

Mauibabes

• Like 1