Experience in forward cabins

Looking at a cruise on World Traveller, but the only veranda cabins available are at the front of the ship. Is that a bad idea? We’ve done a few Windstar cruises, so we’re familiar with smaller ship cruising, but we’ve never been that far to the front. Thanks so much. 

42 minutes ago, Rileyroo said:

Looking at a cruise on World Traveller, but the only veranda cabins available are at the front of the ship. Is that a bad idea? We’ve done a few Windstar cruises, so we’re familiar with smaller ship cruising, but we’ve never been that far to the front. Thanks so much. 

It really depends on your itinerary. I would never book a cabin in the front of the ship for itineraries that include the Arctic, North Sea, Antarctica or other areas that often have heavy seas or if I was especially prone to seasickness. Where are you sailing?

Thanks for the feedback. It's funny cause I thought about your exact point, but only after I had posted the original question. Yeah, it's no Drake Passage or anything, just a Med itinerary. However I will say, oddly enough, that the most rockin' and rollin' experience I've ever had on a cruise was on Azamara from Malta, which is where this cruise leaves from. Obviously, situations and personal comfort levels vary greatly, so I know this is highly subjective, but I was mostly curious whether even on the most calm of days, there's still going to be a fair amount of movement just given the ship position.

We’re staying in the very most forward cabin for Antarctica in December, so can let you know then! I know it’s almost certainly the worst place if you don’t like the rocking and rolling but I figure someone has to take it. 

With such a small ship I figure there’s not a whole lot of difference between front and back but I shall return in January and let you know how wrong I was. 

1 hour ago, ukpylot said:

With such a small ship I figure there’s not a whole lot of difference between front and back but I shall return in January and let you know how wrong I was.

Even a small seesaw is very different at the small person's end (and those big honking engines at the aft mean that your front cabin is the small person)...

We were on the Navigator May 7-16, 2024, from Lisbon to London. The ship was almost motionless, it felt so smooth!  It didn't matter where we were onboard.  I never felt any motion.  I thought a smaller ship would have more movement, so I was surprised that the opposite was true.  Atlas is our new favorite cruise line!