Late night Pizza on the Paradise...

On 7/6/2024 at 2:06 PM, Haljo1935 said:

Any chance Nick (the guy who filmed the "show") is part of their group or does he just have incredible timing?

On 7/7/2024 at 1:31 AM, BlerkOne said:

That would be my guess. Perhaps a stunt to rack up $$$ for the gang on YouTube.

Poor guy couldn't even get a slice of pizza and the victim-blamers smell a conspiracy.  😁 🏴‍☠️ 🍹

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Poor guy couldn't even get a slice of pizza and the victim-blamers smell a conspiracy.  😁 🏴‍☠️ 🍹

Sleepless in Seattle?

The cruise lines which saw the most crimes committed on their vessels in 2023 include:

• Carnival Cruise Line: 51 incidents
  • Royal Caribbean Cruise Line: 27 incidents
  • Disney Cruise Line: 20 incidents
  • MSC Cruise Lines: 10 incidents

Yes, about twice the passengers overall:

CCL: 12,921,000

RCI: 7,740,900

Norwegian: 2,819,300

MSC: 2,553,400

Disney: 848,000

If you just use these numbers as a guide, there is no statistical significance between Carnival and RCL regarding incidents (when broken down on an incident per passenger analysis).  So I question whether the conversation regarding the income level of Carnival's passengers is valid.  

What I do question is where is security?  Between the first video of the event (about 1:46 minutes long and the famous second), no appreciable security presence arrives until about 3 minutes into the argument. This incident clearly began before video started.   In addition, when security shows up, it is not in force.  Crew members did nothing to try to de-escalate the incident (although I am not sure that is their job when something occurs). Who is monitoring the security cameras of this area.   With all of Carnival's experience, you would think an investment in security personnel would be wise.  

BTW, nothing stated above removes the basic responsibility of the passengers to refrain from this type of behavior.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lostsoulcruiser said:

So I question whether the conversation regarding the income level of Carnival's passengers is valid.  

This has been debated many times. It depends on what you compare it to. CCL vs RCL vs NCL probably not. But again, there are no facts to base a comparison. Could it be we are relating “manners” to income by mistake. Is it possible that people get away with more bad behavior on CCL than other  similar vacation spots. If so, that is the cruise line’s fault. I went to an all inclusive in the DR in May. As you know, all you can eat and drink. I was pleasantly surprised at the conduct of the visitors compared to a cruise ship. People did not over indulge in beverages. There were no loud obnoxious people at the pool. People were not piling their plates high with food like the Lido buffett. I really enjoyed it, I think I will go back (on no, could I get banded from this site).

5 hours ago, lostsoulcruiser said:

The cruise lines which saw the most crimes committed on their vessels in 2023 include:

• Carnival Cruise Line: 51 incidents
  • Royal Caribbean Cruise Line: 27 incidents
  • Disney Cruise Line: 20 incidents
  • MSC Cruise Lines: 10 incidents

Yes, about twice the passengers overall:

CCL: 12,921,000

RCI: 7,740,900

Norwegian: 2,819,300

MSC: 2,553,400

Disney: 848,000

If you just use these numbers as a guide, there is no statistical significance between Carnival and RCL regarding incidents (when broken down on an incident per passenger analysis).  So I question whether the conversation regarding the income level of Carnival's passengers is valid.  

What I do question is where is security?  Between the first video of the event (about 1:46 minutes long and the famous second), no appreciable security presence arrives until about 3 minutes into the argument. This incident clearly began before video started.   In addition, when security shows up, it is not in force.  Crew members did nothing to try to de-escalate the incident (although I am not sure that is their job when something occurs). Who is monitoring the security cameras of this area.   With all of Carnival's experience, you would think an investment in security personnel would be wise.  

BTW, nothing stated above removes the basic responsibility of the passengers to refrain from this type of behavior.  

Last year is a bit of a strange outlier for Disney- normally a relatively small number of incidents... but last year they were awful. Disney has had 49 incidents in 13 years... and 25 of the 49 were last year.

All time number of crimes (Q4 2010 - Q4 2023)

Carnival: 375

RCL: 214

NCL: 118

DIS: 49

MSC: 31

Average number of reported crimes per year:

Carnival: 28.3

RCI: 16.2

NCL: 8.9

DIS: 3.7

MSC: 2.3

...and in general - on a per passenger basis, Disney has averaged the highest rate of crime.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, been cruising for over 25 years and have not once witnessed a fight or unruly children running amok. Just lucky, I guess...

• Like 3