Southern hemisphere cruises

What are your plans for the summer seasons going forward in the southern hemisphere seeing as other lines have pulled all there sailings out of Australia and New Zealand.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrity Edge will sail from Sydney starting October 22, 2024, through April 20, 2025, offering a variety of 9, 10, 11-, 12-, 13- and 14-night voyages in the region including New Zealand, the Great Barrier Reef, Fiji and French Polynesia. After the 2025 Alaska Season Celebrity Edge will then return to Sydney and sail October 21, 2025, through April 20, 2026, in the Australia/New Zealand region. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t see anyone asking about South America.  I was on Eclipse about 6 months ago.  I see that Celebrity has pulled out of Chile and only does round trips from Buenos Aires now.  Maybe due to the very long boarding lines in Valparaiso and the poorly managed port?  I do like Chile, so that is a shame.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2024 at 4:33 AM, zitsky said:

I don’t see anyone asking about South America.  I was on Eclipse about 6 months ago.  I see that Celebrity has pulled out of Chile and only does round trips from Buenos Aires now.  Maybe due to the very long boarding lines in Valparaiso and the poorly managed port?  I do like Chile, so that is a shame.

I think your assessment of Valparaiso is a big part of it.

I was on the last cruise from Val. To B. A. And the situation in Val. Was not very pleasant.

The airport that serves Val. Is a long ways away and the port is Not cruise friendly.

8 hours ago, D. B. said:

I think your assessment of Valparaiso is a big part of it.

I was on the last cruise from Val. To B. A. And the situation in Val. Was not very pleasant.

The airport that serves Val. Is a long ways away and the port is Not cruise friendly.

It’s too bad because Chile is a nice country.  I had hoped that Celebrity would help clean up the port but continue to operate there.