Crystal Cruises Ballroom at Sea

robrho

Does Crystal Cruises still have gentleman ambassadors who do ballroom dancing, on any of their cruises?  There were 4 on my Crystal Serenity cruise Nov 2023.  These are in addition to the male and female professional dancers who also give lessons?  

Thank goodness the Ambassadors are on Crystal.We have got to know a few of them over the years. They are True Gentlemen.Even though Ray will be sitting beside me, I get asked to dance.

However, as age progresses i am not doing much dancing right now,

Pat

On my recent Panama Canal sailing on the Serenity the duo who played the ballroom music in the Palm Court and in the Stardust Lounge, Keys & Melody Duo, were excellent.  Very talented and they actually knew what a waltz, foxtrot, and tango were as opposed to every other band on a cruise ship we encountered who had no idea whatsoever.  All of the ballroom dances were well attended and there were four ambassadors hosts who were busy dancing most of the evenings as well as being very nice guys. There were two sets of ballroom music and dancing per evening, 5:30 pm to 6:15 pm in the Palm Court and 8:15 pm to 11:00 pm mostly in the Stardust Lounge (by my request) but sometimes in the Palm Court.  As to age, there were several women well into their 80s dancing every night with the hosts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@ivyleaguegent, I’ll pass along your compliment to the 100 year old woman who was dancing  on your cruise and on the current one continues to be out there dancing every evening. 
I’ve already shown your comments to the duo who of course were very pleased with your remarks. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Does Crystal still have gentlemen ambassador dance partners?  On a Nov 2023 cruise, there were 4.  These were in addition to the professional dance couple who performed and also gave lessons.  I don't find listings anymore with the prior Ballroom at Sea Crystal Cruises.  If the answer is yes, on which cruises, because I don't think they always have them.

Edited by robrho

1 minute ago, robrho said:

Does Crystal still have gentlemen ambassador dance partners?  On a Nov 2023 cruise, there were 4.  These were in addition to the professional dance couple who performed and also gave lessons.  I don't find listings anymore with the prior Ballroom at Sea Crystal Cruises

Yes. 

8 hours ago, robrho said:

Does Crystal Cruises still have gentleman ambassadors who do ballroom dancing, on any of their cruises?  There were 4 on my Crystal Serenity cruise Nov 2023.  These are in addition to the male and female professional dancers who also give lessons?  

47 minutes ago, robrho said:

Does Crystal still have gentlemen ambassador dance partners?  On a Nov 2023 cruise, there were 4.  These were in addition to the professional dance couple who performed and also gave lessons.  I don't find listings anymore with the prior Ballroom at Sea Crystal Cruises.  If the answer is yes, on which cruises, because I don't think they always have them.

Hello @robrho

Your two threads regarding the same topic have been merged into this one thread.

I suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TER777 said:

@ivyleaguegent, I’ll pass along your compliment to the 100 year old woman who was dancing  on your cruise and on the current one continues to be out there dancing every evening. 
I’ve already shown your comments to the duo who of course were very pleased with your remarks. 

Thanks !!!