Birmingham airport

Hi everybody iam just after any or some information in regards of the on going disruption at Birmingham airport. We are due to fly out from Birmingham airport to Malta 3 weeks today to join azura and was wondering if anybody has had any recent experiences with the disruption ie how long were you queuing ,does fast track security help ,or is it as simple as you get through when you get through ?  We fly at 6am and are planning to be at the airport at least 3 hours before check in iam also very mindful that it’s the school holidays so it’s going to be super busy.  any info from anybody would be very helpful to what we can expect 

My step daughter and her family flew from Birmingham on Sunday, had fast track and were through in around 25 mins, however their flight was delayed by 90 mins. 

My daughter and son-in-law flew out last Friday 28th. I had suggested that they get Fast Track but by the time they thought about it all the slots were booked. There flight was at 8.30. They arrived at 5.30 and it took about 1hr 20mins to get through without Fast Track. Largeish queues but they were moving pretty steadily.

My advice would be to book Fast Track anyway to avoid any hassle. 3 weeks out you should be able to get a slot.

31 minutes ago, arlowood said:

My daughter and son-in-law flew out last Friday 28th. I had suggested that they get Fast Track but by the time they thought about it all the slots were booked. There flight was at 8.30. They arrived at 5.30 and it took about 1hr 20mins to get through without Fast Track. Largeish queues but they were moving pretty steadily.

My advice would be to book Fast Track anyway to avoid any hassle. 3 weeks out you should be able to get a slot.

We have looked at the fast track service but they have all sold out ? Our concern is that it will be school holidays and very very busy we will be there in plenty of time before check in but it’s in the hands of the gods fingers crossed 

If twilight  luggage drop off is an option it is worth taking advantage of.  You are then only queuing for security on the day and not check in followed by security.

On 7/5/2024 at 11:19 AM, Thejuggler said:

If twilight  luggage drop off is an option it is worth taking advantage of.  You are then only queuing for security on the day and not check in followed by security.

Hi yes that would be a really good option for us is this something that you’ve done yourself before ? Is this a manned check in desk ? Iam not really sure how it works as we’ve never done this before 

6 minutes ago, Triggertravel said:

Hi yes that would be a really good option for us is this something that you’ve done yourself before ? Is this a manned check in desk ? Iam not really sure how it works as we’ve never done this before 

If it is a P&O cruise on one of their charters, it is not normally something that is offered.  Some airlines offer it on their scheduled flights, if your flight leaves in the following morning.  You could always ask though

We are flying out for the same cruise, 25th July. Our flight is after midday so hopefully will miss most of the security queues. We have booked the fast track security though just in case it was £5 per person. 👍

6 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

We are flying out for the same cruise, 25th July. Our flight is after midday so hopefully will miss most of the security queues. We have booked the fast track security though just in case it was £5 per person. 👍

Thankyou for your reply ironically we were booked for the later flight but changed it 🙄I wish we’d not bothered now but anyway it is what it is we tried for the fast track but all sold out so I think we are now going to do the bag drop the night before 

30 minutes ago, Triggertravel said:

Thankyou for your reply ironically we were booked for the later flight but changed it 🙄I wish we’d not bothered now but anyway it is what it is we tried for the fast track but all sold out so I think we are now going to do the bag drop the night before 

I dont think we had an opportunity to change flight times? 🤔 Really disappointed we had to pay to choose seats. Thought that was disappointing from p&o.  Not sure if you can do bag drop for a charter flight be interesting to hear if you can. Have a safe flight out we wont get onboard till almost 7 pm 😂

I did read today the average security wait time at brum is bow down to 22 mins.. 👍

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I dont think we had an opportunity to change flight times? 🤔 Really disappointed we had to pay to choose seats. Thought that was disappointing from p&o.  Not sure if you can do bag drop for a charter flight be interesting to hear if you can. Have a safe flight out we wont get onboard till almost 7 pm 😂

I did read today the average security wait time at brum is bow down to 22 mins.. 👍

We’re on a jet 2 scheduled flight going out and a tui charter return flight so we can do the bag drop interesting to see the av security time que has come down to 22 mins you to have a safe flight luckily it’s not to far from the airport to the ship so once landed you’ll be on there before you know it 

22 hours ago, Triggertravel said:

We’re on a jet 2 scheduled flight going out and a tui charter return flight so we can do the bag drop interesting to see the av security time que has come down to 22 mins you to have a safe flight luckily it’s not to far from the airport to the ship so once landed you’ll be on there before you know it 

Ah yeah we have done a jet 2 night before bag drop and works a treat nice and easy. We are TUI charter both ways. Yeah 20 mins and Malta is gorgeous place as well. You as well have a safe flight and hope security wait is small and not stressful for you. 👍