Transpacific cruise to Japan passport stamp???

Cruise5life

Cruising from Seattle to Japan with 5 ports in Japan ending in Yokohama.    When would we get our passport stamped ?    
on our first port?  or when we end our cruise.     

Your Passport will get an entry stamp at your first Japan port of entry.  You will also get another stamp at your exit port (or airport) from Japan.  If your cruise leaves Japan (to go to Korea or Taiwan) and later returns to Japan you will receive a new entry stamp and later an exit stamp.  The Japanese authorities are really into following their procedures.

Hank

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Your Passport will get an entry stamp at your first Japan port of entry.  You will also get another stamp at your exit port (or airport) from Japan.  If your cruise leaves Japan (to go to Korea or Taiwan) and later returns to Japan you will receive a new entry stamp and later an exit stamp.  The Japanese authorities are really into following their procedures.

Hank

All inbound tourists to Japan go through manned immigration gates and get a temporary visitor sticker on passport page.

All departure tourists either a) through airport exit e-gates, by self scan own passport on the way out. Or b) through manned gates, get an exit stamp on your "temporary visitor sticker".

Sample, exit stamp on temporary visitor sticker.

image.png.a39b856557758327882d3b9c1eeaf751.png

Posted (edited)

@Cruise5life I had a similar question as doing the same thing soon.

I'm also wondering if I need to go to the Visit Japan website to get the QR code as is recommended if you enter Japan by plane? My TA suggested it but I'm not sure if needed if we are on a ship?

Edited by frantic36

Visit Japan Web allows you to perform airport arrival procedures(immigration, customs) and "Tax-free shopping service" online, replace the paper entry documents. It is not mandatory but highly recommended.

If arrival on a ship, then paper forms process. Ship will provide how-to instructions.

• Thanks 1