Which is/was your favourite Thomson/ Marella ship.?

My personal favorite was the Dream, it wasn’t too big and the entertainment rooms flowed nicely to and from each other. We enjoyed a few great holidays around the Med on her.

These days I think it has to be the Explorer for us it’s just a comfortable ship and it usually has a good vibe from the other passengers.

• Like 1

My favourite was the Dream. I loved the layout. As a solo cruiser, I was lucky enough to get the only solo balcony cabin twice.

Going into Tides at night after the show and listening to the lovely Tom and Maris was wonderful.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Definitely Destiny with Emerald and Calypso a close second/third.

Hi BJ hope all ok with you and yours.

All of them ships were slightly before I started doing cruise holidays! My wife and her mum did a couple of trips on Destiny and always speak fondly about her.

Alls well here PC 👍🏻 Just booked a week in October on Ex 2, Haven’t you succumbed yet.?

Hoping you and mrs PC are keeping well.😉

Edited by Brummijam
Spellink

We loved Celebration, even the vibrations! Had some fabulous cruises out of Marmaris and pleased to see they are sailing from there again. Current favourite is Ex2

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Brummijam said:

All of them ships were slightly before I started doing cruise holidays! My wife and her mum did a couple of trips on Destiny and always speak fondly about her.

Alls well here PC 👍🏻 Just booked a week in October on Ex 2, Haven’t you succumbed yet.?

Hoping you and mrs PC are keeping well.😉

Hi BJ Yes we are all ok thanks. Don't think we will cruise again the dreaded COVID did for us, lost on two cancellations and both of us, unfortunately, had it twice I was ok but Mrs PC not fully recovered 😕😕

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Hi BJ Yes we are all ok thanks. Don't think we will cruise again the dreaded COVID did for us, lost on two cancellations and both of us, unfortunately, had it twice I was ok but Mrs PC not fully recovered 😕😕

That’s sad PC, so sorry to hear that.

Hope that you keep on posting on here, you have lots of advice and wisdom to share and it is always appreciated.

give my best wishes to Mrs PC and here’s hoping she manages a full recovery soon.🤞🏻

• Thanks 1

Was on Celebration a couple of times way way back.  Have really enjoyed our two more recent cruises with on Discovery and like Brummijam have just booked a week on Exp2 for the end of October.

Really looking forward to trying a new ship with my friend who has never cruised so good to hear that it's a fav with quite a few of you

We first sailed with Marella on D2 back in 2019. Our cruise in April 2020 was cancelled (can't remember why!), so by the time Cruises resumed, we'd missed out on the Celebration and Dream. We've been on Voyager and Explorer since. 

We love the Discovery ships, the Atrium and bar 11 being the best bits, and I think they look "prettier" than the Explorer ships.

Having said that, the Explorer ships and Voyager have the bar at the back of the ship, and have more dining options. We particularly like the Exchange on Voyager, and the concept of the Kitchens, the buffet where they serve you.

Overall our favourite is Voyager, but it's only by the smallest of margins..

Hi all

have done many cruises in the Caribbean on four of the ships (Celebration one

Dream three

Explorer one

Discovery three

So iam going for Discovery, lovely atrium, loads of deck space and the Mezzanine restaurants.

while on here reading Mein Shiff three the oldest of the German fleet has work till upto spring 2026, so who knows may see her come across to Marella ( cruise industry news )

My wife broke her arm in May had to cancel cruise out of Majorca, we were with STAY SURE, 

they were absolutely great we were honest with all the paper work which had been signed of by 

doctor all money back in the bank.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

Hi all

have done many cruises in the Caribbean on four of the ships (Celebration one

Dream three

Explorer one

Discovery three

So iam going for Discovery, lovely atrium, loads of deck space and the Mezzanine restaurants.

while on here reading Mein Shiff three the oldest of the German fleet has work till upto spring 2026, so who knows may see her come across to Marella ( cruise industry news )

My wife broke her arm in May had to cancel cruise out of Majorca, we were with STAY SURE, 

they were absolutely great we were honest with all the paper work which had been signed of by 

doctor all money back in the bank.

What a shame you had to cancel your cruise, hopefully you will be booking another soon

• Like 1

I also liked the Spirit, used to love going up to the observatory lounge at the top of the ship after getting back from a stroll ashore and enjoying a couple of afternoon beers.

Happy days.😉

Also in the same lounge in the evening there was a Filipino trio playing really good music, a fantastic atmosphere.

• Like 1

Like others Me and Mrs JTS loved the Dream.Cruised on her about 6 times.We were on the Majesty once and quite enjoyed it

Discovery,Discovery 2,Explorer,Explorer 2,Voyager…..No favourite among them as they all offer something different for us

Just back today after our 2nd cruise on Voyager and 3 night stay at Protura Vista Bahia in Sa Coma

I might do a review on here after I,ve recovered  meantime if anyone has any questions happy to try and answer them