Digital fare app (Shorelink) for buses and ferries now live

Charles4515

• Charles4515 changed the title to Digital fare app (Shorelink) for buses and ferries now live
Posted (edited)

This is brand new so there will be a learning curve and possible glitches. The app has tutorials on how to use it.  

I noticed that the ticket booklets are available. I wonder if the digital  tickets version has an expiration date. 

Edited by Charles4515

The app will take Visa and Master Card. Not Discover or AMEX. The fares are in BMD which is exchanges equal to USD. If you have a credit card that does not charge foreign transaction fees you would want o use that card as those fees could be as high as 3%.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The NJ payment system uses validators that scan a barcode from what I can tell. Here in North Texas we self validate and then show the driver our activated ticket when we board a bus. It will say Activated in large type. You are supposed to activate just before boarding. No scanning. The driver looks at my phone. Activated single ticket is good for two hours, day pass 24 hours. I notice the tickets in the app have to be self activated  like on our app but there is a QR code. I don’t know if that has to be scanned. They don’t say. 

Since they bought it from a British company and is used by some UK bus companies it may work better than NJ Transits app. 😆

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1