Guarantee and Club Orange Upgrade Question

I have a question. Currently we booked a SZ Guarantee on the Eurodam. I just added Club Orange, and would like to know about the upgrade. Does  HAL assign that as they  currently are showing no Signature Suites available. Thanks. 

To be honest I am not sure it was worth paying for Club Orange on your cruise. The Eurodam does not have a Club Orange Dining Venue, if the Signature Suites are currently all guarantee you will just get assigned what ever is becomes available, it does not matter if you have Club Orange. If there were SS staterooms available with buying the Club Orange you could have moved to any SS stateroom available to your choosing. That would have been the main advantage to getting Club Orange. Don't get me wrong there are other perks for Club Orange such as priority embarkation, priority seating in the Main Dining Room if you have Open Dining and a priority guest services line but having a Signature Suite you already get a phone Concierge for that stateroom class.

• Like 1

I actually thought they had a separate section of the MDR but found out later they do not. It will be a “mini-experiment” this time. Thanks for your thoughts. 

Within the Signature Suite category, there is not a great deal of room for upgrades, and if they are all now guarantee, you could wind up anywhere.  

The "Club Orange upgrade" is best used when you can book a VH (lowest cost Verandah Cabin) and instantly get an upgrade to a VA/V cabin.  Club Orange costs $25 a day on a Pinnacle Class ship, which won a 7 day cruise is $175pp.  That's less than the ~$250 difference between VH and VA.  So you get Club Orange and save a few bucks while enjoying the benefits.  

Of course Club Orange is limited availability, and the best cabins sell out.  So as @Gail & Marty sailing away say, book early, and onboard (whenever possible).  

55 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

You should be able to choose your stateroom from the unassigned staterooms in your meta category.  Is there a phone # for Club Orange?

They showN/A but I will call as no doubt they always have some. Thanks.