Reservations and Shareholder Benefit Questions

Pizzasteve

Question from SS First Timer (September)

Trying to use the web site and finding it hard to see information about my booking, like reservations.  I called and made some reservations a month ago, but they don’t show in the app.  Also, submitted a shareholder benefit request, but don’t see anywhere online that shows credits or anything financial.

Is there a way to see reservations I don’t know about other than the ‘calendar’? Do ship board credits show in the web site (other lines all do this). If I was assured of bookings over the phone is this worth trusting or do I need to call again to confirm?

I did seem to be able to enter our passport and related information which was similar to other lines.

Thanks for any advice.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Trying to use the web site and finding it hard to see information about my booking, like reservations.  I called and made some reservations a month ago, but they don’t show in the app.  Also, submitted a shareholder benefit request, but don’t see anywhere online that shows credits or anything financial.

Is there a way to see reservations I don’t know about other than the ‘calendar’? Do ship board credits show in the web site (other lines all do this). If I was assured of bookings over the phone is this worth trusting or do I need to call again to confirm?

I did seem to be able to enter our passport and related information which was similar to other lines.

Thanks for any advice.

did you check "my silversea"?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

did you check "my silversea"?

Yes.  As I said in my post, no reservations are shown.  I found the web site very awkward, but maybe it was the phone. 

Will see if more functionality appears on another device. But it’s ok, I was hoping for helpful tips, and if there aren’t any that’s fine.  I can call SS.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Yes.  As I said in my post, no reservations are shown.  I found the web site very awkward, but maybe it was the phone. 

Will see if more functionality appears on another device. But it’s ok, I was hoping for helpful tips, and if there aren’t any that’s fine.  I can call SS.

You might like to at least leave enough time for Coolers to read your post.  Denizens are from countries all over the world, not all in the same time zone as you.

A reasonable question is how long ago did you make your booking?  It sometimes seems to take time to load into My Silversea.  Onboard credit does not show up in there from my experience.

I don’t have an App, so don’t know how that works.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Port Power said:

You might like to at least leave enough time for Coolers to read your post.  Denizens are from countries all over the world, not all in the same time zone as you.

A reasonable question is how long ago did you make your booking?  It sometimes seems to take time to load into My Silversea.  Onboard credit does not show up in there from my experience.

I don’t have an App, so don’t know how that works.

Be gentle to Cooler visitors. 😋

Virtually no one who could answer this question lives in Perth, Western Oz and the question was probably in the wrong thread anyway.  We all do it. 

But he did mention Pizza.  This person should be nurtured just in case we might get a pizza picture. That would improve the day!

Come back Steve … but bring Pizza!

Jeff

ps good luck with your solution. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Be gentle to Cooler visitors. 😋

Virtually no one who could answer this question lives in Perth, Western Oz and the question was probably in the wrong thread anyway.  We all do it. 

But he did mention Pizza.  This person should be nurtured just in case we might get a pizza picture. That would improve the day!

Come back Steve … but bring Pizza!

Jeff

ps good luck with your solution. 

I thought I was gentle, asking him to give folk a bit of time to answer.

Apart from the post probably being in the wrong thread, why shouldn’t an experienced and recent SS cruiser be able to answer?  I have made shore excursion reservations and dining reservations that appear in my “My Silversea” booking.  I have also had OBC that does not show up there.  “My Silversea” is not different in different countries.  When I book using my US travel agent, the same information appears as booked through my Australian TA.  @Pizzasteve did not state where he lives.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Port Power said:

I thought I was gentle, asking him to give folk a bit of time to answer.

Apart from the post probably being in the wrong thread, why shouldn’t an experienced and recent SS cruiser be able to answer?  I have made shore excursion reservations and dining reservations that appear in my “My Silversea” booking.  I have also had OBC that does not show up there.  “My Silversea” is not different in different countries.  When I book using my US travel agent, the same information appears as booked through my Australian TA.  @Pizzasteve did not state where he lives.

PP,

I  was replying with a smile.

Perhaps Steve wasn’t aware until your post that before he replied to a specific reply to him, that he should wait until all time zones had had a chance to offer help or not.  And only then reply.   It is an easy error to make. 

Still, I’m looking forward to Steve's Pizza!

🙂

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Steve, 

I know of no other way to see reservations (dining or excursions) than on the website. Is this what you're referring to?

There is no app. Sometimes people refer to the onboard website (mycruise.com) as an "app" but it's not. Until you board, the only option is the my.silversea.com website.

The Silversea website is definitely clunky. And I find that it's even worse on my phone. I rarely bother with it unless I'm on my laptop.

Nonetheless if you don't see the reservations that you asked for, by all means try to check availability, and make the reservations on the website ASAP. If you can't do that, then call again to confirm. No reason that it should take so long to show up.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Hi all.

Pizza attached.  

Didn’t think it was a horrible place to ask a relatively simple question, but I’ll drop it for now.  

It turns out that a second phone rep also couldn’t see the reservations the prior rep ‘assured me were made while on the phone and gave specific dates and times.’  

So it is being researched because I suspect the prior agent was telling me something wrong, as the second agent said they can’t make these for passengers.  Seems odd for a luxury line, but that’s what he said (he could see the record of my prior call, but notes were vague). The times I was told they were reserving over the phone are not in their system so it wasn’t reflected in my account online like a ‘normal reservation made in the web site.’  Anyway it shows as unavailable now (2-3 months prior to trip) so that’s also a bit odd, but they promised to get back to me.

Hope the coffee or tea is hot for you all and the water cool and refreshing, wherever you are.  I guess each cruise company has its quirks.

IMG_0047.jpeg

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Hi all.

Pizza attached.  

Didn’t think it was a horrible place to ask a relatively simple question, but I’ll drop it for now.  

It turns out that a second phone rep also couldn’t see the reservations the prior rep ‘assured me were made while on the phone and gave specific dates and times.’  

So it is being researched because I suspect the prior agent was telling me something wrong, as the second agent said they can’t make these for passengers.  Seems odd for a luxury line, but that’s what he said (he could see the record of my prior call, but notes were vague). The times I was told they were reserving over the phone are not in their system so it wasn’t reflected in my account online like a ‘normal reservation made in the web site.’  Anyway it shows as unavailable now (2-3 months prior to trip) so that’s also a bit odd, but they promised to get back to me.

Hope the coffee or tea is hot for you all and the water cool and refreshing, wherever you are.

IMG_0047.jpeg

Steve,

It was certainly not a horrible place to ask the question.  It was probably more likely for you to broaden and increase the number and scope and speed of your replies if you'd simply started a new thread.  But if you had … you might have been told to search  … so sometimes you mightn’t win whatever you do.   I would have helped if I could - but couldn’t  … but thankfully JP did. 

Forget  all the unimportant things in life.  Is that a pizza by your own hand?  It is an extraordinary pie. 

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Hi Steve .... thanks for the upload, but I haven't found it viewable on ipad, iphone or PC.

My enthusiasm has been defeated by my technical inability.

Jeff

Sorry.  It shows up on my iPhone.  Maybe others can chime in.

Speaking of food and beverages, I saw one complaint posted about beers available, but then find a Silversea ‘lifestyles’ blog on their website describing an IPA and various mocktails and fancy drinks.  Is there any way to set or improve beverage experience?  My upcoming trip is a transpacific and if the wine and beer choices are poor it’s going to be a lot of sad sea days.  Any way to ask for a Sancerre and an IPA be stocked in advance?  I don’t need expensive, just not bottom shelf wines or ‘excess inventory’ included drinks.  Usually the luxury brands have at least some good beers/wines, but what will be available seems a mystery.  I did find a supposed drinks list, but was then told ships will vary or not have some items.

I will search for a thread with answers, so no need to respond, but if you personally have a comment on ‘best practices.’ 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Sorry.  It shows up on my iPhone.  Maybe others can chime in.

Speaking of food and beverages, I saw one complaint posted about beers available, but then find a Silversea ‘lifestyles’ blog on their website describing an IPA and various mocktails and fancy drinks.  Is there any way to set or improve beverage experience?  My upcoming trip is a transpacific and if the wine and beer choices are poor it’s going to be a lot of sad sea days.  Any way to ask for a Sancerre and an IPA be stocked in advance?  I don’t need expensive, just not bottom shelf wines or ‘excess inventory’ included drinks.  Usually the luxury brands have at least some good beers/wines, but what will be available seems a mystery.  I did find a supposed drinks list, but was then told ships will vary or not have some items.

I will search for a thread with answers, so no need to respond, but if you personally have a comment on ‘best practices.’ 

Steve, let me cut to the chase, and this will possibly be contradicted, because I haven’t sailed SS since before covid but do read threads - so you pay your money and take your choice.

You said that this was your first cruise  with SS.  You may have made the understandable error of believing that what you believe you have been promised is what might be receive.    That has been true some time back, but might not be so true now. There is a difference between what is written on the tin and what is in the tin. I’ll stop there but do suggest instead that you read a few other threads once you pass through passport control out of Cooler to the general threads. Good luck. 

On the Pizza front - It’d be great if you could either link to your youtube or other upload  etc.  It may be ythat you can see it because it is a link to a file on your own iphone.

Jeff

17 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

me too, posts with a smile - we have frequently called for a few more emojis on this site

It was gentle.   Different folks read things into "tone"  that aren't really there.   No tsk tsk was called for!  Far too much of that happening lately.   Based on previous posts @Port Power is not the poster who would merit a tsk tsk!  Maybe the poster who commented on her tone has no past experience with her posts.  Too judgemental for the vibe in the Cooler of old. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Reservations and Shareholder Benefit Questions

@Pizzasteve

Most excellent pizza,  my favorite food group.

Tell us more details about which cruise and ship you are on and perhaps we can help with more suggestions.   Supplies usually depend on where the ship is. You can request specific items in advance, not that you'll always get them though.  Once onboard you can also chat with the food and beverage manager and request items.  Even better, cozy up to your favorite bartender, magic can happen. We have never gone thirsty. 😃🍻🍹

MOST IMPORTANT  - Get yourself a decent Travel Agent. FYI, within a certain amount of time you can transfer your reservation to a travel agent, so it may not be too late to do so. 

Navigating through the web site and trying to get information from Silversea can be insanely challenging. They have staffing problems to begin with, and much of the staff they do have are lacking in basic knowledge about SIlverseas  working of their products.  Same goes for Seabourn.

Wine - There will always be a recommended pour of red and white for the evening.  If not to your liking, ask what else is available.   It may take awhile to find a favorite.  I usually take a picture and then show it to the waiter the next night.  They will often get to know your preferences and have it available.  Consider spending some OBC on a revenue bottle of wine in the beginning,  gets their attention. Wink wink.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Consider spending some OBC on a revenue bottle of wine in the beginning,  gets their attention. Wink wink.

Highly recommended! My favorite way to use OBC.

• Like 2

@Pizzasteve as soon as you see your confirmed reservations on MySilversea you should go in and reserve your excursions and dinner reservations. Excursions can be booked as soon as they receive your deposit. Dinners 120 days in advance. You are entitled to one Included excursion a day, at no charge. Or you can pick a Selected excursion for a charge. If the cruise you want is only 2-3 months away, you might find that some things are already full. You don't need dinner reservations for Atlantide, the main dining room, but do for the smaller, specialty restaurants, which vary by ship.
I agree with the poster who recommended using an experienced travel agent rather than booking direct on the phone. They can explain all this and more.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, alithecat said:

@Pizzasteve as soon as you see your confirmed reservations on MySilversea you should go in and reserve your excursions and dinner reservations. Excursions can be booked as soon as they receive your deposit. Dinners 120 days in advance. You are entitled to one Included excursion a day, at no charge. Or you can pick a Selected excursion for a charge. If the cruise you want is only 2-3 months away, you might find that some things are already full. You don't need dinner reservations for Atlantide, the main dining room, but do for the smaller, specialty restaurants, which vary by ship.
I agree with the poster who recommended using an experienced travel agent rather than booking direct on the phone. They can explain all this and more.

Thank you for the response.

Yes I understand.  No more need for further answers.

I did book using an agent.  The issue was dining reservations and the web site showing both zero availability and no reservations for us when we had called and been specifically told we had reservations. Our travel agents don’t usually book dining.

I think I understand how their site is supposed to work.  Best regards and again thanks.

Edited by Pizzasteve

Your initial post wasn't clear. Now I understand. The agent gave you the correct advice. You need to make the dinner reservations yourself on MySilversea. If what you want is full, and you can't waitlist, then as soon as you board the ship go and line up to talk to the restaurant manager. He/she will be stationed at a desk, probably near the reception area. You can also ask your butler, but they are very busy on embarkation day and won't get to it until much later.