Included Gratuities

SATaxman

Are there any "perks" which are NOT compatible with Free Gratuities?

We had Free Gratuities on one of our booked cruises.

The Amex Platinum 10X points were added, now no free gratuities.

Is this real or was it a mistake.

Yes, I have left a message for my TA.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

Thanks

If your “free” grats were OCAPP (pass through funds from O via TA) they may not be combinable with other perks originating from O (though called something else.

26 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

Thanks

We had received Prepaid Gratuities on an upcoming cruise via our TA.  We also used two separate AMEX offers for payments on this cruise. We recently just had to make a change for an excursion no longer being offered. The updated invoice sent with that change still shows the PrePaid Gratuities included.  However, We were not eligible for the $300 shipboard credits from the Amex Platinum cruise program because of receiving the prepaid gratuities.

21 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

If your “free” grats were OCAPP (pass through funds from O via TA) they may not be combinable with other perks originating from O (though called something else.

The $150 OBC from Amex came with my deposit using my Platinum card.

They did not show up until I made final payment today, and that is when the OCAPP gratuities disappeared.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

The $150 OBC from Amex came with my deposit using my Platinum card.

They did not show up until I made final payment today, and that is when the OCAPP gratuities disappeared.

That is the one I mentioned in my post above.  Had a choice….the free grats or the AMEX OBC, not both.  We chose the free grats since it was much more.

Edited by EJL2023

21 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

That is the one I mentioned in my post above.  Had a choice….the free grats or the AMEX OBC, not both.  We chose the free grats since it was much more.

Thanks. Can we ask for the other parts of the Amex "perks"--bottle of wine and wine tasting and give up the $150 part? Has anyone done that?

I think you should have your TA have a second look at this.  i paid with my AMEX platinum card and got the 10X points and I also was able to get the prepaid gratuities. However i decided to let go of that because we are gold and get pp grats and chose the $300 AMex benefit.  You cannot have both.

There should be no issue with combinability.  One pertains to card benefits and the other is cruise benefits.  

Now,  if you are getting the $300 AMEX OBC, that is not combinable with the prepaid gratuities.  You have to choose one or the other.

If you are silver or above, choose the $300.  If you have not reached silver, then ask your TA to scrap the AMEX platinum benefits and choose the PP grats.

It has nothing to do with the 10 x membership rewards.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I think you should have your TA have a second look at this.  i paid with my AMEX platinum card and got the 10X points and I also was able to get the prepaid gratuities. However i decided to let go of that because we are gold and get pp grats and chose the $300 AMex benefit.  You cannot have both.

There should be no issue with combinability.  One pertains to card benefits and the other is cruise benefits.  

Now,  if you are getting the $300 AMEX OBC, that is not combinable with the prepaid gratuities.  You have to choose one or the other.

If you are silver or above, choose the $300.  If you have not reached silver, then ask your TA to scrap the AMEX platinum benefits and choose the PP grats.

It has nothing to do with the 10 x membership rewards.

I know it is NOT from the 10X promotion. I have that on my Amex account. It was from my original deposit for this cruise. The package of Amex benefits ($150, bottle of wine, wine tasting) did not show up until today when I made final payment. That is when the OCAAP gratuities disappeared.

1 minute ago, SATaxman said:

I know it is NOT from the 10X promotion. I have that on my Amex account. It was from my original deposit for this cruise. The package of Amex benefits ($150, bottle of wine, wine tasting) did not show up until today when I made final payment. That is when the OCAAP gratuities disappeared.

My TA is checking into this.

27 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

You have the choice to take the AMEX benefit or the PP Grat. But you can’t have both.  I don’t know how long your cruise is, but if the gratuities come to more than $300, I would go for PP grats.  The bottle of wine and wine tasting are no big deal, the wine is the same as the ones on the SM by the glass.

Terri

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruzin Terri said:

You have the choice to take the AMEX benefit or the PP Grat. But you can’t have both.  I don’t know how long your cruise is, but if the gratuities come to more than $300, I would go for PP grats.  The bottle of wine and wine tasting are no big deal, the wine is the same as the ones on the SM by the glass.

Terri

I understand all of that. Our gratuities are way more than the Amex benefits. It was just a surprise today to see the amex benefits finally appear, and the gratuities disappear.

20 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

The wine would really just be one of the ones on by BTG list? We had a better one in our suite last year.

It is usually a bottle from what is listed by the glass.  

33 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

I understand all of that. Our gratuities are way more than the Amex benefits. It was just a surprise today to see the amex benefits finally appear, and the gratuities disappear.

I think some of the confusion by posters, including myself, is in your original post you indicated you lost the prepaid gratuities because of the AMEX 10x promotion.  This is why posters have been saying the prepaid were not combinable with the $300 OBC. 

11 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

It is usually a bottle from what is listed by the glass.  

No. We always have an ‘Oceania’ bottle that is completely different to the listed wines. Can’t remember the name but it’s always the same wine.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Vallesan said:

No. We always have an ‘Oceania’ bottle that is completely different to the listed wines. Can’t remember the name but it’s always the same wine.

I am not referring to the bottle in your room at the time of embarkation.  That one is “Cyclo.” This is another bottle that is offered if you have booked with AMEX platinum.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I am not referring to the bottle in your room at the time of embarkation.  That one is “Cyclo.” This is another bottle that is offered if you have booked with AMEX platinum.

Terri

Sorry! Hadn’t realised we were speaking at crossed purposes! Yes that’s it Cyclo. Thanks.