Money Saving Laundry Hack

On 7/18/2024 at 10:32 AM, clairebearinaus said:

I would think that washing your smalls in the average cruise ship hot tub would have them coming out dirtier than when they went in.

On way of the cruises we took last year I forgot to pack my rashie. Rather than go topless (nobody needs to see that!) I wore a T-shirt with my boardies in the hot tub. There was obviously plenty of chorine in the water as the bottom ¾ of the shirt is now a quite a few shades lighter.  

13 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

On way of the cruises we took last year I forgot to pack my rashie. Rather than go topless (nobody needs to see that!) I wore a T-shirt with my boardies in the hot tub. There was obviously plenty of chorine in the water as the bottom ¾ of the shirt is now a quite a few shades lighter.  

There's just not enough chlorine in the world to make me want to get in one of those things after seeing people sit in them and drink literally all day without a break for the toot.  And then parents let their kids get in and dive under the water.  Yuuuuck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, clairebearinaus said:

There's just not enough chlorine in the world to make me want to get in one of those things after seeing people sit in them and drink literally all day without a break for the toot.  And then parents let their kids get in and dive under the water.  Yuuuuck.

Ewwww....!   Too much information.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2024 at 12:53 PM, MicCanberra said:

I always wear speedos whenever swimming, they are just underneath my board shorts.

If swimming or body surfing I always wear speedos, have done for 60 years. If surfing, boogie boarding or windurfing I wear boardies over speedos. Boardies are, literally, a drag.  This time of year I wear a wetsuit over speedos and a rashie. Fortunately I don't carry excess body baggage.

• Like 3